Dillon 650XL reloading press

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BryanDedon

Oct 14, 2016
    United States
    Just called Dillon about replacing some small parts, springs, ball bearings, etc. Tech support didn't want to send me those small parts and put me in touch with manager and he said he would send them. I thought they had a no BS warranty. I spent almost $3000.00 on Dillon accessories and you would think they wouldn't argue with those few parts to replace.

kk5fe

Jan 2, 2012
    Covington
    With all do respect.... there has to be more to this story. It sounds like they are replacing the parts but if the first tech said he wouldn't replace them, there was a reason. Are these parts worn out or broken? Did you do something to the machine to break them? They don't just send parts to refurbish machines although you can send a machine in and they will make it look like new for not much money.

Ellis1958

Jul 9, 2009
    Port Allen, LA
    Dillon is way above any other company I've dealt with in customer service. That said I don't abuse it. Meaning some of the widgets it takes to keep the press running I buy and keep on hand. Have a couple of their spare parts kits and hit it when say a primer pick up tube tip wears out or the index ball gets rough.
    http://www.dillonprecision.com/content/p/8?product_search=spare+parts+kit&h_search_submit=Search

The flip side is this story. I bought my 550 used. Previous owner said he ran 50,000 rounds through it. Being a USPSA shooter he probably did. I ran another 50,000 rounds through it. Started having primer feed issues which was troubleshot down to the primer feed bar and the carrier was simply worn out. Called Dillon to order the parts and the tech on the line wanted nothing to do with my credit card. Come on, through no fault of anyone parts wore out and I'm good buying replacements. Tech wouldn't hear of it. Parts arrived in a few days and the press was back in operation.

BryanDedon

Oct 14, 2016
    United States
    I've never had a problem with Dillon in the past. I just got a particular tech that wasn't in a good mood yesterday morning. I guess he didn't want to be at work that day. He put me in touch with the manager and he had no problem with replacing the parts.

Last edited:

beauxdog

Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    What are you looking or what is broken? We have some parts available to get machines back up and running, we do not carry all the spare parts. Give me a call at 225-389-6077 and lets see if we can help.

Bryan

Top Bottom