Shooting In Terrytown, Road Rage??

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    Wow! Sad. And I know it doesn't make it any better saying this, but it happens to non-football players everyday. :(

Exactly. Unfortunately it takes someone famous to get shot for people to take notice. I haven't heard any details other than a witness heard the shooter shouting something after the shooting. It could very well be "road rage" on McKnights part and the shooter was defending himself. I'm interested to see what the investigation reveals.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I work down the street. A customer came in around 3:30 and told me there was a shooting right there at the intersection. The body was laying on the ground when they passed and the police didn't get there yet.

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    Already turning into a race and gun thing on the news with no info about the facts yet.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    joe-mcknight-homicide-0565519f3761a57f.jpg

Residents in {Ronald} Gasser's Gretna neighborhood identified the man shown in this photo, taken by a witness, as Gasser. The photo was taken minutes after former NFL player Joe McKnight was gunned down at the corner of Behrman Highway and Holmes Blvd. in Terrytown on Thursday, December 1, 2016.

Graphic

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Yea by 430-5pm customers started coming in saying they thought it was multiple people involved Bc there were tons of black peoples out there and they looked like they were going to make it a race issue

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Well, if Mr. Gasser better have some witnesses saying that Mr. McKnight did something to put his life in danger.......if not Mr. Gasser will be doing time.

The problem with your avg. Joe packing heat is that he doesn't understand when he can lawfully shoot someone. Every bullet has a price, sometimes it is $.25 sometimes it is everything you've got and then some.......

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I take behrman hwy to get to work after I drop off my daughter in the morning. I hope people don't decide to "protest" and block the road.

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    I take behrman hwy to get to work after I drop off my daughter in the morning. I hope people don't decide to "protest" and block the road.

They usually don't protest in the morning -- just an observation.......

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    Nearly every news article title reads "Former NFL player gunned down"... gunned down huh.
    The media pushes public opinion without facts for a reason. They get more than one story if they can drum up emotion.

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    It seems the Shell gas station adjacent to the intersection where this occurred has a camera that picked up the incident -- I think Mr. Gasser is in deep chit -- witnesses say he pulled Joe McKnight out of his Audi shot him and then stood over him and said "I told you not to F with me" and shot him again. I hope this isn't made into a race issue because this a-hole definitely has issues, there is no reason to kill anybody over a driving incident!

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    It seems the Shell gas station adjacent to the intersection where this occurred has a camera that picked up the incident -- I think Mr. Gasser is in deep chit -- witnesses say he pulled Joe McKnight out of his Audi shot him and then stood over him and said "I told you not to F with me" and shot him again. I hope this isn't made into a race issue because this a-hole definitely has issues, there is no reason to kill anybody over a driving incident!

If that's the case, he should do time. "Witnesses" also claimed Mike Brown had his hands up when officer Wilson shot him....

I would think if the shooter pulled him out of the car (unlikely being that McKnight is likely much, much stronger than he is), shot him and shot again while he was on the ground, he wouldn't have stuck around for cops to show up?

981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    If that's the case, he should do time. "Witnesses" also claimed Mike Brown had his hands up when officer Wilson shot him....

I would think if the shooter pulled him out of the car (unlikely being that McKnight is likely much, much stronger than he is), shot him and shot again while he was on the ground, he wouldn't have stuck around for cops to show up?
    Sometimes people do stupid **** in the heat of the moment, and not realize it until after the fact. And they just accept the consequence of their split second stupid decision they just made.

Top Bottom