Buying a house in Watson, what's some stuff to do?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    I'm closing on a house in Watson January. What are things to do in the area? Or things of importance/interest about the area?
    Anywhere to boat near there? Shoot? Fish?
    Good stores/shops? Stores/shops or places to avoid?

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    There isn't much. Years and years ago I dated a girl that lived in Greenwell Springs, right near Watson. We pretty much drove into Baton Rouge if we wanted to get out of the house.

You are very close to Bass Pro Shops, so that's a plus lol

And Sammy's is not too far away in Central.

bwalke1

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    having just moved to Watson myself i can give you a few pointers. ward 2 water, good people but they will cut your water off in a second....lol , on day 2 of me moving they took my entire water meter out before i could transfer to my name, take care of them quickly ! they were very good about reconnecting my service. garbage collection, you have a choice, waste management and livingston waste. i originally went with waste management but switch to livingston waste for several reasons, mostly because i cook on the weekends, crawfish boils etc,,, and they only pick up on fridays. so i had to keep smelly stuff for a week before its picked up. livingston waste picks up on monday and thursday. demco electric, no problems with them and have never lost power for more than a minute. TV and internet, during the flood cox cable was a complete failure, uverse never stopped working. cell phone, better reception with verizon which also never stopped working during the flood unlike ATT. speaking of flood i hope you bought on high ground. i am close to live oak ball field and was high and dry.
    not much in watson to do, food wise you have dukes, papi's mexican , popeyes chicken and a few local places which are mostly okay. there is a walgreens which is open 24/7 for all your medical needs. don't forget the watson true valve for all you propane and propane accessories.....lol ; the live oak ball field is a nice place and they have a running track and ball fields but not much else. if you work in BR be forewarned and watch you speed when crossing the magnolia bridge going into central, favorite place for state troopers to hand out driving awards as its a nice wide four lane hwy with a 45mph speed limit. i used to get my hair cut in watson but they flooded and have not open back up to my knowledge and now go to central for that, place called the looking glass, very nice and if you are married/girlfriend nice place for them also. lots of good schools here if you have kids. overall a nice place to live.

Last edited:

swampglockman

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Denham Springs
    The Hot Wok is pretty good chinese and cheaper than the ones over in St Tammany... They had a BBQ place on 16 food was pretty good... a bit pricy but BBQ is all around this state... not sure if they flooded. Donut shop okay on 16.

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    having just moved to Watson myself i can give you a few pointers. ward 2 water, good people but they will cut your water off in a second....lol , on day 2 of me moving they took my entire water meter out before i could transfer to my name, take care of them quickly ! they were very good about reconnecting my service. garbage collection, you have a choice, waste management and livingston waste. i originally went with waste management but switch to livingston waste for several reasons, mostly because i cook on the weekends, crawfish boils etc,,, and they only pick up on fridays. so i had to keep smelly stuff for a week before its picked up. livingston waste picks up on monday and thursday. demco electric, no problems with them and have never lost power for more than a minute. TV and internet, during the flood cox cable was a complete failure, uverse never stopped working. cell phone, better reception with verizon which also never stopped working during the flood unlike ATT. speaking of flood i hope you bought on high ground. i am close to live oak ball field and was high and dry.
    not much in watson to do, food wise you have dukes, papi's mexican , popeyes chicken and a few local places which are mostly okay. there is a walgreens which is open 24/7 for all your medical needs. don't forget the watson true valve for all you propane and propane accessories.....lol ; the live oak ball field is a nice place and they have a running track and ball fields but not much else. if you work in BR be forewarned and watch you speed when crossing the magnolia bridge going into central, favorite place for state troopers to hand out driving awards as its a nice wide four lane hwy with a 45mph speed limit. i used to get my hair cut in watson but they flooded and have not open back up to my knowledge and now go to central for that, place called the looking glass, very nice and if you are married/girlfriend nice place for them also. lots of good schools here if you have kids. overall a nice place to live.

That's good info. Thanks!

Top Bottom