Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marksman
    Since he is just starting out, it will be easier, and more productive, teaching him to shoot left handed rather than trying to rewire his brain.

I agree with the others.

I am left-handed, but right eye-dominant. I had to shoot rifles right handed in the army. I shoot pistols right or left-handed. It's fairly easy to adjust. It's probably not a bad idea to encourage him to build up his grip strength in his non-dominant hand too. I found that it helped accuracy.

Marksman
    I am now left eye dominant, after 30~ years of being right eye dominant. I've always been ambi on long guns, but pistol has always been righty. Instead of fighting with eye change, or proper handiness i just change my stance. It looks awkward, but works for me.

I'm right handed and left eye dominant.

With handguns it's no big deal. Strong hand, weak hand, freestyle. No problem. It seems as if all I have to do is bring the gun up and the dominant eye picks up the front sight.

Long guns is a different matter. I was taught to shoot right handed and with the left dominant eye I have to place scotch tape over the lens to force the right eye to take over. Not the best way to go about it. With shotguns you don't aim, you point. Here my clays career was short lived as even the tape wasn't enough.

What a number of cross dominant shooters do is shoot handguns with the strong hand and long guns with the weak hand. Since this junior shooter is just starting out it would be in his best interest to learn to shoot long guns weak handed.

Hello NSA.

When dearly bought liberties become impediments to "security" and are discarded by police, the terrorists are winning.
    Chris and Jeff Knox

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by leeshall View Post
    Since he is just starting out, it will be easier, and more productive, teaching him to shoot left handed rather than trying to rewire his brain.
    i see, changing the hand is easier than changing the eyes.