EBRSO vs BRPD (Career Options)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    The people with firsthand knowledge probably aren't going to post it on a public forum, but both agencies offer top notch training and the pay is whatever you want it to be, depending on how many extra duty hours you wanna work.

This is true. If you have any questions about BRPD send me a PM and I'll help you as much as I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Sorry that you can't get a decent reply to a valid question. Our board is not what it once was. I wish I had some factual information or first hand knowledge I could share but I don't. Which ever option you choose I appreciate your willingness to step up and serve our community.

Exactly

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    So you promise to use their product less if they make their product better? Where the incentive for management?

Possibly.

Bayoushooter doesn't have anywhere near the relevant informed topics that it used to. The forum has changed a lot since I signed up years ago. There are more members here for the classifieds than there are for firearm related discussion. I've already brought it up with management and there no plans to change that, since more members equals more traffic (good or bad).

One of the best forums I've ever joined is private and requires a paid membership to view the classifieds. That forum has 50,000+ members and runs flawlessly (twice what Bayoushooter has).

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    You would think so. The Sheriff can say bye bye, and the City is Civil Service and has the union

I don't know anyone in either department, but from what I know of other departments, this is the correct answer. The city has civil service and the sheriffs department employees serve at the pleasure of the sheriff.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I don't know anyone in either department, but from what I know of other departments, this is the correct answer. The city has civil service and the sheriffs department employees serve at the pleasure of the sheriff.

Correct

MooseWK

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 27, 2014
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Thanks everyone for the replies, thread got a touch derailed but that's just the nature of the beast sometimes. To those who offered actual insight it was certainly received, and much appreciated. If anyone stumbles across this in the future, or has anything of value to add, please don't hesitate to post.

MooseWK

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 27, 2014
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Thanks for reaching out, I ended up getting on with another department in the area earlier this year.

Top Bottom