CCW free for Honorably Discharged Veterans.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    May have been posted already but for those that don't know. Starting Aug 1st 2016 Honorably Discharged Veterans don't pay the LSP CCW permit fee.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Isn't that the same thing? I know the LSP site refers to it as a CHP since it's for handguns specifically, but is there something I'm missing?

Well since there no such thing as a CCW unless you're talking about a weapon. A CHP as in a Concealed Handgun Permit issued by the Louisiana State Police Concealed Handgun Permit section. And the LSP site refers to it as a CHP because that's what it is.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I looked all over the LSP site for this but can't seem to find anything other than an Active Military Discount?
    Found it... http://www.lsp.org/pdf/chApplication.pdf

It's written in the link you posted.

ALL FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
    a) 45 Day Temporary permit - $25.00 (Balance must be paid upon approval of 5 year or Lifetime permit)
    b) 5 year permits - $125.00 (65 years and older or active duty military personnel - $62.50)
    c) Lifetime permits - $500.00 (65 years and older or active duty military personnel - $250.00)
    *NOTE: Lifetime permit cannot be used in lieu of a NICS check when purchasing a firearm.)
    d) *NOTE* Effective August 1, 2016 Act 44 of the 2016 Louisiana Legislative Session exempts HONORABLY
    DISCHARGED veterans of the U.S. armed forces from all fees associated with 5-year or lifetime concealed handgun
    permits. This Act doesn’t affect currently active military personnel. Active duty personnel remain eligible to receive the
    half price discount with a copy of your most recent orders. (NOTE: A lifetime permit cannot be used in lieu of a NICS
    check when purchasing a firearm.)
    e) *Note* If an applicant has not continuously resided in Louisiana for the past 15 years an additional $50.00 fee is
    required.
    f) A fee schedule is listed in the *Louisiana Concealed Handgun Permit Laws, Administrative Rules and Selected Statute.*
    Initial application fees are found in LAC 55:I:1307.B.15. Renewal application fees are found in LAC 55:I:1307.D.2.
    g) Fees are payable to the Louisiana Department of Public Safety and Corrections in the form of a cashier’s check,
    certified check or money order. Personal checks and cash are not accepted.
    h) *Note* Online applicants will receive a confirmation email upon submission of their application and another email
    upon acceptance of their application. The acceptance email will contain a link to submit a credit card payment. If
    payment is not made within thirty (30) days, the application will be purged from the system and will require a new
    submission to proceed.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    It's written in the link you posted.

ALL FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
    a) 45 Day Temporary permit - $25.00 (Balance must be paid upon approval of 5 year or Lifetime permit)
    b) 5 year permits - $125.00 (65 years and older or active duty military personnel - $62.50)
    c) Lifetime permits - $500.00 (65 years and older or active duty military personnel - $250.00)
    *NOTE: Lifetime permit cannot be used in lieu of a NICS check when purchasing a firearm.)
    d) *NOTE* Effective August 1, 2016 Act 44 of the 2016 Louisiana Legislative Session exempts HONORABLY
    DISCHARGED veterans of the U.S. armed forces from all fees associated with 5-year or lifetime concealed handgun
    permits. This Act doesn’t affect currently active military personnel. Active duty personnel remain eligible to receive the
    half price discount with a copy of your most recent orders. (NOTE: A lifetime permit cannot be used in lieu of a NICS
    check when purchasing a firearm.)
    e) *Note* If an applicant has not continuously resided in Louisiana for the past 15 years an additional $50.00 fee is
    required.
    f) A fee schedule is listed in the *Louisiana Concealed Handgun Permit Laws, Administrative Rules and Selected Statute.*
    Initial application fees are found in LAC 55:I:1307.B.15. Renewal application fees are found in LAC 55:I:1307.D.2.
    g) Fees are payable to the Louisiana Department of Public Safety and Corrections in the form of a cashier’s check,
    certified check or money order. Personal checks and cash are not accepted.
    h) *Note* Online applicants will receive a confirmation email upon submission of their application and another email
    upon acceptance of their application. The acceptance email will contain a link to submit a credit card payment. If
    payment is not made within thirty (30) days, the application will be purged from the system and will require a new
    submission to proceed.

I was going to let mine expire but no reason to now.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom