How Gretna Gun Works screwed up my suppressor transfer and rifle upper.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RG43

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2016
    Covington, La
    I would have been sick of dealing with them and would not have said anything at the time I picked it up. My time is worth more than the frustration of dealing with idiots.

The owner of GGW did nothing to reimburse the poster for the time he invested in it (not to mention the money for the trust, etc)- and any item at cost is a BS offer in my opinion. When I screw up a client then I make sure that they are appropriately reimbursed. Just this month I had a vendor drop the ball on a client so I covered the clients monthly costs even though the vendor would not. That means that I will take a loss on that client for the year - but the client is happy and I am sure they will stay my client for more than this year.

The timing of this screw up causes a ton of extra work for the customer - not to mention 8 months of future waiting.

I get frustrated with businesses offering up crap to make up for their mistakes. Clients and Customers deserve the best.

I'm curious what you would suggest GGW owner should have done to compensate him? I can understand the fed up aspect with the upper being damaged, that was a bad mess up that compounded the problem rather than help. But as to the paperwork issue, I'm not sure there was anything else he could have offered that would have really addressed the problem in any meaningful way. I would say the business owner's attempt at compensation was fair, or it's debatable it was at least. But whether you might argue he should have offered more, that is just a matter of coming up with a number that would be acceptable to the client as compensation for the admitted mistake. Nothing will actually rectify the mistake, as has been noted. I get the feeling that if the upper had not been damaged, we might not have ever heard of any of this. At least I suspect so, as it didn't sound like he was trying to get more out of GGW. What I read in the OPs last statement is he just isn't willing to deal with them anymore out of frustration, which is understandable. Not necessarily because he feels they owe him more (other than fixing the upper if he so desired), but more because he's tired of the mistakes.

This story, ( especially the part about dealing with the ATF) should be used as further evidence to get suppressors off of the NFA list. I think it should be a matter of filling out a 4473 form, doing a NICS check like when purchasing a firearm. Lets all push our new administration in that direction.

I was thinking this as well. That a suppressor would fall into this class of controlled firearms is ridiculous and really should be changed.

Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    Seems to me that a case should be made and brought to SCOTUS if necessary to list cans as hearing protection devices, and trash the regulation on them.

Top Bottom