50 Beowulf reloading with cast bullets

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redd508

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Lafayette
    Not loading the Beowulf but i've been casting and loading for a while, including magnum revolvers and the 454 Casull. The need for GCs really depends on your lead hardness and velocity. Plain based hard lead bullets can be pushed to moderate velocities as they are. I've used GCs for higher velocities in rifles. They go on pretty easily when you size your bullets. I cant speak to powder coating but i've seen alot of ppl do it successfully. Gas checks have been around a very long time but both methods achieve the same goal. I've never had a problem with leading in revolvers, autos or rifles. But i do tend to keep my lead on the harder side.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Not loading the Beowulf but i've been casting and loading for a while, including magnum revolvers and the 454 Casull. The need for GCs really depends on your lead hardness and velocity. Plain based hard lead bullets can be pushed to moderate velocities as they are. I've used GCs for higher velocities in rifles. They go on pretty easily when you size your bullets. I cant speak to powder coating but i've seen alot of ppl do it successfully. Gas checks have been around a very long time but both methods achieve the same goal. I've never had a problem with leading in revolvers, autos or rifles. But i do tend to keep my lead on the harder side.
    Text me what size pistol brass you need

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RussD2
    Top Bottom