Are you "ready for war"?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    http://www.lobservateur.com/2016/12/14/ready-for-a-war-guns-drugs-seized-from-reserve-home/

The news media never fails to crack me up when it comes to firearms ownership. In the article it states "these guys were ready for war"......LOL.

I mean minus the illegal drugs and cash, its not like they have a massive stockpile of weapons and ammo here.

By that standard, most of us here are "ready for many wars"......warlords.....the ignorant media folks....LMAO

The news media loves to paint true gun enthusiasts as "ready for war", gun zealots.

I don't by any means condone illegal drug usage or sales, and i realize these clowns were probably convicted felons in possession of firearms. I'm just talking about the news media portraying multiple firearms possession as war freaks, gun zealots. Not the first time I've seen this "take" on multiple firearms ownership, sometimes even legal gun ownership.

GIJeaux

Army Retired
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Leesville/Ft Polk, La.
    http://www.lobservateur.com/2016/12/14/ready-for-a-war-guns-drugs-seized-from-reserve-home/

The news media never fails to crack me up when it comes to firearms ownership. In the article it states "these guys were ready for war"......LOL.

I mean minus the illegal drugs and cash, its not like they have a massive stockpile of weapons and ammo here.

By that standard, most of us here are "ready for many wars"......warlords.....the ignorant media folks....LMAO

The news media loves to paint true gun enthusiasts as "ready for war", gun zealots.

I don't by any means condone illegal drug usage or sales, and i realize these clowns were probably convicted felons in possession of firearms. I'm just talking about the news media portraying multiple firearms possession as war freaks, gun zealots. Not the first time I've seen this "take" on multiple firearms ownership, sometimes even legal gun ownership.

The St. John Sheriff Mike Tregre is the one that made the statement that they were ready for war not, the media. Just sayin'.

Al

GIJeaux

Army Retired
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Leesville/Ft Polk, La.
    And you're right, Al. I went back and re-read it. First paragraph.

But, having said that, it usually is the media morons that make these statements. The Sheriff saying it actually made it sound stupider (If, stupider is a word. If it isn't, it should be.).

And, then I look around my gun room and wonder, "What would the media think of this place!".

Al

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    There were not even enough rounds for one firefight. There were only enough rifles for half a fireteam(2 Marines.) That Sheriff should stick to what he actually knows or simply refrain from excessive sensationalism.

Top Bottom