Two young black males arrested in Covington with stolen AR

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    Why has no one put the blame on the officer for not having his firearms secured in his vehicle? You keyboard pirates always jump on an individual like a pack of hyenas when this happens to them.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Why has no one put the blame on the officer for not having his firearms secured in his vehicle? You keyboard pirates always jump on an individual like a pack of hyenas when this happens to them.

The rifle was taken from the rack, and it's unknown how/where the shotgun was.

Shame on him for leaving his stuff in his truck.

There you go. Hope you're happy now Blue Diamond.

JR1572

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    I read the article again and it would lead on to think they were secured. Quote from the article "Around the same time, the Police Department received a call from a business in the 700 block of 26th Ave. reporting that they had found what appeared to be a gun stand that belongs inside of a police vehicle laying near the gate to the business."

I used to work for a wrecker service and we recovered a four wheeler for the LDWF. The tailgate of the truck was locked. The four wheeler was locked in a tie down. The truck was parked in his driveway near his house. It was still stolen and repainted. Recovered near Abita where the youths riding it bailed.

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    No gun is safe unless it's in a safe, in a safe! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA

Both guns were secured in the gun rack. The rack was unbolted from the unit and discarded a few blocks away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well look at that Blue Diamond, an actual rack was ripped out of the vehicle. I'm so glad I take so many extra steps to secure my equipment.

JR1572

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Well look at that Blue Diamond, an actual rack was ripped out of the vehicle. I'm so glad I take so many extra steps to secure my equipment.

JR1572
    I hear ya JR, but we should all know by now, that's the thing with thieves. Unless you are standing guard over something, if they want it, they will get it. Even a safe is not the ultimate deterrent.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I hear ya JR, but we should all know by now, that's the thing with thieves. Unless you are standing guard over something, if they want it, they will get it. Even a safe is not the ultimate deterrent.

Truer words have never been spoken.

Get on YouTube and search "defeating a gunsafe." It's frightening.

JR1572

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    The rifle was taken from the rack, and it's unknown how/where the shotgun was.

Shame on him for leaving his stuff in his truck.

There you go. Hope you're happy now Blue Diamond.

JR1572
    I would speculate that any LEO that brought a dept. weapon home secured in a dept. vehicle as per dept. protocol would be better off than if they brought it inside and it was stolen out of his house or even their safe in terms of liability. Today every thing is about the CYA on everything.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom