looking for "AR/TACTICAL gun" hunting sling options

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    I have a couple ar10's and a couple ar15 variants I hunt with pretty regularly, love them, but just cant find a comfortable sling, I have used several diff kind, I actually prefer the low ready maybe a single point or 2 point, not to big on the over the shoulder traditional bolt action carry, has to be quiet and fast, I usually hunt thick woods and not much time to glass animal, gotta be ready fast, well let me know what works for yall and pics help,

:mamoru: ps: im sure dave-m will be glad im not asking about off topic stuff
    ;) just messing with you man!!!!

Last edited:

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    For an AR type rifle, for me it is pretty hard to beat the Blue Force gear sling. It's fast, smooth, easy to adjust and is simple for quick use. For an AR10 I can't imagine trying to use a single point. All my other rifles get an old fashioned 1907 leather sling because I use it to shoot with. Don't like padded slings of any kind.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Padded VTAC 2-point would do the job perfectly. Comfortable and quick-adjust. We've got them at Interstate Guns in Hammond, bring your rifle and we'll sling one up on it for you to try out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    man that vtac padded looks like what I might be looking for, yea I have some single point bungies and never really liked them, im gonna have to give them a try, speed racer I wish I lived closer to Hammond I would try yall out, might have to make a road trip over there, are yall kid friendly, lol would have to pack my boys up, I assure you they are gun friendly, they argue over which one of them is gonna get which one of my guns when they get older lol, thay have started a gun obsession early at 2,6,8 yrs old lol

Last edited:

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    man that vtac padded looks like what I might be looking for, yea I have some single point bungies and never really liked them, im gonna have to give them a try, speed racer I wish I lived closer to Hammond I would try yall out, might have to make a road trip over there, are yall kid friendly, lol would have to pack my boys up, I assure you they are gun friendly, they argue over which one of them is gonna get which one of my guns when they get older lol, thay have started a gun obsession early at 2,6,8 yrs old lol

Haha absolutely man, bring the whole clan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Sheriff of Baghdad B-Sling

It's the fastest two point sling out there, and you can add a shoulder pad if you want more comfort.

Top Bottom