Best Holster for Tucked in Shirt

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Motor, if I would be purchasing a firearm to carry in my pocket, would you advocate for the LCP II?

Any one else have opinions on pocket pistol options?

One more thing, I recently purchased a glock 43 and have really taken a liking to it. I can pocket carry it also and it's a 9mm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I carry a Kahr 9mm, the difference between the 380 and 9 are so slight I chose the more powerful round, it fits just fine in my pocket, in the holster it looks like a big wallet. Lately I've been trying ankle carry which is working out great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I carry a Kahr 9mm, the difference between the 380 and 9 are so slight I chose the more powerful round, it fits just fine in my pocket, in the holster it looks like a big wallet. Lately I've been trying ankle carry which is working out great!

I owned a few Kahrs. They are nice but the malfunctions during break in didn't give me confidence in it but that was a personal thing

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    One more thing, I recently purchased a glock 43 and have really taken a liking to it. I can pocket carry it also and it's a 9mm

Interesting, I would prefer 9mm but concealment is more important to me. If the Glock 43 is just as concealable as the LCP then I may have to give it some serious consideration. I need to find a shop with lots of options and get my hands on them.

CCW

CCW
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Louisiana
    Alien Gear tuckable holster with velcro clips from Crossbreed. Works very well with a S&W M&P Shield in .40 cal. Alien Gear holster is flatter than Crossbreed. Alien Gear does not make Velcro clips. Put the two together for carry at 5 o'clock for all day comfort and concealment. Nothing outside of your belt. Just my 2 cents. It works for me.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Interesting, I would prefer 9mm but concealment is more important to me. If the Glock 43 is just as concealable as the LCP then I may have to give it some serious consideration. I need to find a shop with lots of options and get my hands on them.

It's bigger but I will sacrifice a little for the 9mm. The LCP still gets carried on occasion

Jasarii

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Walker, LA

FYI, I have a G43 and LCP 2. The G43 is plenty small(Sub Compact), but the LCP2 is A LOT smaller (micro). There is a big difference between these two once they are in your pocket(from my experience).

I mainly purchased the LCP2 for testing fitting holsters, but will pocket carry it some on occasion.

Googled this pic...that is the LCP Gen 1:

d1a4bc26322b320e0f45c62c393ed564.jpg

Last edited:

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I owned a few Kahrs. They are nice but the malfunctions during break in didn't give me confidence in it but that was a personal thing

Mine only had a few malfs, I do understand

Slalom.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    My holsters have tuckable clips. I have a Raven Eidolon for my G17 and use a single clip. I also have an Alabama Holster "Offside" for my G43. I modified the Alabama by putting a G Code Tuckable clip on it as the one from them made the gun ride too high and roll out with the short barrel. The G Code one can adjust to ride deeper and still tuck.

I carry AIWB and find that both tuck very well. If I'm tucking in I run my belt the opposite way so that the tail of the belt covers the clip where it rides over. I have not spent any time with other styles, although the tuckable "J" hooks look interesting. I think I'd get aggravated with the pull the dot type...

West

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2014
    Baton Rouge, louisiana

I've been thinking about ankle carry. What holster did you go with?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom