HELP. Locked out of gun safe, possibly need a great lock smith in the Houma area

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jstokes1

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    Houma
    Cannot find my combination to my dial locked safe. Will call manufacturer tomorrow, but in case they cannot find the code I need to find a reputable lock smith in the Houma/Thibodeaux area. Have some expensive gear in there that I need out ASAP.

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    My first question is, why would you not have written it down and not saved it somewhere? Secound question is, do you need to borrow a torch to get to your prized possessions? :(

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Looks to me like he did write it down, just cant find it. Maybe he put it somewhere he knew it'd be safe, maybe in the safe! lol

TheMole68

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 12, 2015
    Metairie, LA
    Look up safe cracking a dial combination lock on YouTube. Seriously. Had an old Sentry fire safe that the combo was lost too. It's not hard.

satoups

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lousiana
    Try Randy Beniot locksmith in Thibodaux. He is also LE and can be trusted. If he can not he can point you in the right direction.

jstokes1

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    Houma
    I had it written down and placed in a drawer in a dresser by the safe, but my grandmother cleaned it out, so now I can't find it.

tomnjenn05

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2012
    If it has never been changed the manufacturer might have it. If not see if you can follow me someone with a safe dailing machine me to open it. It won't open like a sentry safe bc sentry only has a few combos it can be.

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    What safe is it?

It's amazing at the useless information that the human brain retains, yet important things are easily forgotten. someone I trust has an envelope with some important information of mine, in case of events like this, and I have the same info of theirs.

Sulzer

Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    If it's that easy to open, why have one.

If it's your typical Cannon/Liberty/Big Box store safe a thief can get into it much quicker than cracking the dial with a good pry bar, especially if they can get it on its back. Safes are not going to keep a determined thief out, unless you're willing to get a true safe like in a jewelry store. But, why spend $30,000+ on a safe to protect $10,000 of guns.

Skip to 2:30 mark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBhOjWHbD6M

Last edited:

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    If it's your typical Cannon/Liberty/Big Box store safe a thief can get into it much quicker than cracking the dial with a good pry bar, especially if they can get it on its back. Safes are not going to keep a determined thief out, unless you're willing to get a true safe like in a jewelry store. But, why spend $30,000+ on a safe to protect $10,000 of guns.

Skip to 2:30 mark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBhOjWHbD6M

I have seen that video. So what would be a good safe?

jstokes1

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    Houma
    Thank you to everyone in the threads but I have found the code! Happy late Christmas present to me, need to be more careful as to where I place it. But again, thank you to anyone that put up some information to me, I planned on using it in case I couldn't find the combination.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nexus2024
    Top Bottom