Which HK ???

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DerpMeister

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Zachary
    Gringo Loco, not sure if you are still looking for something, but I am changing to a P30SK carry piece and have three near-new USP Compact 9mm pistols, all with Trijicon HD sights, two LEM/one V1, two mags each, that I'll be selling as soon as I get back home to Zachary; been here in Houston for a week and another brain surgery, gotta drop my carry stuff a bit. Not sure how much I'll be asking yet, gotta check first. $650 seems to be the accepted cost these days. Those HDs were $150 a pop each one, but they are now used so definitely cheaper. Oh well... I'll try them at $700 at first? Not giving the damn things away, that's for sure.

Been teaching folks for almost 30 years, with S&Ws, Sigs, Glocks, Beretta's, HKs, you name it. Lot of folks nowadays have more-than-they-think experience, so I don't bother to talk to most buyers/etc. these days.

Anyway... Anyone have any questions about those three USP Compact 9mm pistols, I'll do what I can to answer.

991GT3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Ideally, for a concealed carry gun, I like the P2000 LEM. If you get the version with the heavier Trigger Return Spring the swap out the firing pin block spring for the lighter/weaker one I find that pistol to be VERY shootable, even at speed.

The P2000 is ever so slightly smaller than the P30 so it conceals just a little bit better.

If however, you need the slight increase in stock length the P30 LEM set up the same way (TR & FPB springs) is a difficult to beat package.

The VP9 is a remarkable pistol. Probably* the best 9mm on the market today. It's easy to shoot well with. Hard to go wrong with it, either.

Ultimately, it's your call as you already know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The price of the hammer-fired guns are frightening - except for the P2000 (preferably with the LEM option - I forget the Variant).

Let us know what you choose/chose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ShipWreck

Beretta 92 Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2006
    Texas, but from Louisiana
    I've owned a bunch of different models of HKs over the years - I think probably 10 HKs total. I currently have a P2000 and P2000sk - both in 9mm. The P2000 is my favorite of all the HK models I have owned. I had a P2000 a few years ago, but sold it to buy something I just had to have. I missed it, and got another one about 2.5 years ago. It is my daily carry gun, and is easily my favorite HK.

I've previously owned two USP 9mms, USPc 9mm, USPc 45, HK45c, HK45, P2000 (previous one), P2000 (current one), P2000sk, VP9.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    P7 for the win. I have been carrying mine for about 6 months so far in a RCS Phantom iwb rig. Its the perfect self defense pistol. It has probably the lowest bore axis made for a semi auto 9mm, lighter on recoil due do the retarded gas piston system, and is arguably one of the most accurate production pistols to have ever been produced because of the fixed barrel and polygonal rifling. It has a perfectly ergonomic grip angle to match a natural point of aim...its either cocked or not with the squeeze of the grip and also single or double action the same sense in a weird kinda way....I can go on and on!

8U2LytS.jpg

hk_never_really_marketed_the_gun_right_who_wants_to_buy_the_worlds_most_expensive_gun.jpg
    Someone in Houma has 3 for sale (1 has never been fired). The ad doesn't lie.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    I have a USP Elite. It's the huge one with the long barrel and adjustable sights. It is very soft shooting and accurate in 45.

ShipWreck

Beretta 92 Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2006
    Texas, but from Louisiana
    I have a USP Elite. It's the huge one with the long barrel and adjustable sights. It is very soft shooting and accurate in 45.

Yes, I always wanted a USP in 45 - but I have small hands, and the grip is just too big for me. That was the same reason I ended up selling the USPc 45, HK45 and HK45c... Any 45 that is not a 1911 just ends up being too large for me to grip.

- - - Updated - - -

Someone in Houma has 3 for sale (1 has never been fired). The ad doesn't lie.

Wish I still lived in Houma. I might be all over that :)

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom