Purchased Vortex Diamondback

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • twentynine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2013
    Ascension parish
    Brand new, 3.5-10X50, from Cabelas.

I'm thinking of using it on a 7mm-08 Weatherby Vanguard 2. Currently I have a 2.5-10X40 Nikon prostaff on it. Going to take the prostaff and put it on a 7mm Remington magnum Ruger M-44. The scope of the Ruger is an older Monarch that's starting to show it's age, starting to get a little haze.

Couple questions

Paid $149, how did I do.

What is the warranty on a Nikon scope 20 years old? Is it worth sending it in for repair?

bman940

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    I would absolutely send in your old scope to see what Nikon can do to help you out. There's a reason they have a full Lifetime Warranty and they do stand behind what they make, even if it's 20 years old. Let me know if I can help you out in any way. I do some freelance PR/Shooting Event's for Nikon and when I run across a post like yours I try to do my best to help the person out any way I can.
    Keep me posted.

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    Yes I'd say you did very well since Amazon is $200 and Academy is $250, and opticsplanet is $240. Looks like you got a hell of a deal catching the sale. I just bought a Viper PST and amazon was $200 less than cabela's... I'm surprised cabela's was so cheap for you. My parents got me $200 in gift cards there, and I was looking at scopes, and I was already decided on the Vortex viper, but ordered it from amazon, and bought some new reloading dies and a hand primer with the gift cards!

twentynine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2013
    Ascension parish
    I would absolutely send in your old scope to see what Nikon can do to help you out. There's a reason they have a full Lifetime Warranty and they do stand behind what they make, even if it's 20 years old. Let me know if I can help you out in any way. I do some freelance PR/Shooting Event's for Nikon and when I run across a post like yours I try to do my best to help the person out any way I can.
    Keep me posted.
    Thank you. I will give Nikon customer service a call sometime very soon.

Top Bottom