Page 1 of 6 12 ... LastLast

New 4473 1-16-17 Know weed=No guns

Word is the biggest change will be to the language addressing use of Marijuana. The update will prohibit ANY user of Marijuana from purchasing a firearm, whether they live in medical or recreational Marijuana state or not. So basicly any current weed use at all = no firearm.

Took them long enough to address it, but glad they are making the change.
    Last edited by ta2d_cop; January 5th, 2017 at 07:10 PM.
    Changed signature to something cool again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery

That means Bush and Obama can't own guns.
    The current question asks if you are "addicted" to marijuana. EVERYONE can answer no since there is no such thing as marijuana addiction. A habit is not the same as addiction.

I think the language change will address current use of, or "regular" use, whether medical, recreational, or unlawful. I don't think they care about those who smokes a J back in the day and grew up.

Bush and Obama are potheads? I just talked to W a few weeks back and he didn't strike me as a pot head, but hey, he's retired now just doin speeches and shit..and he doesn't need guns, he's got guys for that, so, toke up, right?
    Changed signature to something cool again.

#freedumb
    "Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. America was born of protest, revolution and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long" - Ron Paul

"I can sacrifice my liberties, and you can sacrifice yours, but I cannot sacrifice yours; neither can a majority in Congress sacrifice yours or mine." - Judge Andrew Napolitano

Next restrictions:

Protective order (common tool of divorce lawyers) = No Guns OOPS - too late, already in effect in many places.

Anger Management class (can't control temper) = No Guns

Attend an AA meeting (drunks shouldn't have guns) = No Guns

DUI (drunk and scofflaw) = No Guns

Vote for Trump (obvious judgment issue) = No Guns

3+ speeding tickets (scofflaw) = No Guns

Behind in child support payments (even if you have no job) = No Guns - Actually if you owe back child support you really don't need to be buying guns, but you don't need the government to be telling you this.

Behind or late in state or federal taxes (might attack gov't agents) = No Guns

"Reasonable" arguments can be made for almost any type of permanent restriction (infringement) of the 2nd Amendment by anti-gunners. The key is to keep the camel's nose from getting under the tent flap.
    Last edited by Trailboss; January 5th, 2017 at 10:22 PM.
    "Incrementalism" is the weapon used by anti-gun forces to destroy the second amendment.
    "Compromise" is a negotiation term that can only be used one time - when you compromise a compromise, you have lost the entire issue.

GOOD whisky never lets you loose your place

"Are you Hispanic?" should be changed to "Are you a Hispanic practitioner of Witchcraft?"
    No need to stop there, we need to add the question "Are you a Jew?" Why not?

Not a Fed.

Premium Member
    Just say no.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The problems we face today are
    there because the people who work
    for a living are outnumbered by those
    who vote for a living.

Marksman
    Quote Originally Posted by ta2d_cop View Post
    Word is the biggest change will be to the language addressing use of Marijuana. The update will prohibit ANY user of Marijuana from purchasing a firearm, whether they live in medical or recreational Marijuana state or not. So basicly any current weed use at all = no firearm.

Took them long enough to address it, but glad they are making the change.
    But its OK to get drunk with a firearm? I don't smoke pot, and don't hang with anyone that does, but I believe that alcohol is 10x worse. As others have posted, where does it stop? They will take a little at a time, and everyone will say "Its just pot", then next time "Its just alcohol", then what? Eventually, everyone is a prohibited person for some inane reason or another.

Mary's gone Cedric's next DBMJR1's Avatar
    New Form 4473 is a pain in my keister.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us, and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin

Marksman
    I just hope they never add "Does your wife know you are purchasing this firearm?"
    Doug

If you do what your enemy expects, you will die.

Keytruda came, saw, and kicked my cancers ass!

Weekend Warrior

Premium Member

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by swampfoxx View Post
    But its OK to get drunk with a firearm? I don't smoke pot, and don't hang with anyone that does, but I believe that alcohol is 10x worse. As others have posted, where does it stop? They will take a little at a time, and everyone will say "Its just pot", then next time "Its just alcohol", then what? Eventually, everyone is a prohibited person for some inane reason or another.
    This has always been my position on pot, but you sure made it sound rational.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dougstump View Post
    I just hope they never add "Does your wife know you are purchasing this firearm?"
    +1

Marksman
    Give them an inch, and they will take a mile. There are lots of legal things that can impair your judgment. "Common sense gun safety" is just liberals trying to chip away at the 2A. They should just enforce the laws we already have.

Banned
    At what point will they start drug testing at time of purchase?

What about legal drugs like alcohol and prescription painkillers that affect thought process a lot more?

Quote Originally Posted by dougstump View Post
    That would kill the entire industry

Banned
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thAP6MSM4A.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	10.3 KB 
ID:	67637Click image for larger version. 

Name:	th97GVX07B.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	17.1 KB 
ID:	67636Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thGKOTVA86.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	13.7 KB 
ID:	67638Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thUEYNFYDL.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	9.9 KB 
ID:	67639

This makes so much sense because the gun violence in Colorado and Washington since the legalization of recreational marijuana is spiking out of control! The fact that they have taken over the murder capital rate from cities like Chicago and NOLA is solid proof! This is completely arbitrary and I'm sure the big pharma companies are not huge advocates of this...

Quote Originally Posted by JCcypress View Post
    Well that just might create a moral dilemma for the libtards. Keep MJ illegal on the Federal level in order to slow down gun ownership or make it totally legal and sell more guns? This could work to our advantage in the future. The Libs have a problem either way.

Quote Originally Posted by JeeperCreeper View Post
    At what point will they start drug testing at time of purchase?

What about legal drugs like alcohol and prescription painkillers that affect thought process a lot more?
    Those are good for industries with powerful lobbyists, so they get a pass.