New 4473 1-16-17 Know weed=No guns

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    Word is the biggest change will be to the language addressing use of Marijuana. The update will prohibit ANY user of Marijuana from purchasing a firearm, whether they live in medical or recreational Marijuana state or not. So basicly any current weed use at all = no firearm.

Took them long enough to address it, but glad they are making the change.

Last edited:

bsoileau24

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Around ville platte
    089a31e0c7819bec5b0db229598db762.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    That means Bush and Obama can't own guns.
    The current question asks if you are "addicted" to marijuana. EVERYONE can answer no since there is no such thing as marijuana addiction. A habit is not the same as addiction.

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    I think the language change will address current use of, or "regular" use, whether medical, recreational, or unlawful. I don't think they care about those who smokes a J back in the day and grew up.

Bush and Obama are potheads? I just talked to W a few weeks back and he didn't strike me as a pot head, but hey, he's retired now just doin speeches and ****..and he doesn't need guns, he's got guys for that, so, toke up, right?

Trailboss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Norwood LA
    Next restrictions:

Protective order (common tool of divorce lawyers) = No Guns OOPS - too late, already in effect in many places.

Anger Management class (can't control temper) = No Guns

Attend an AA meeting (drunks shouldn't have guns) = No Guns

DUI (drunk and scofflaw) = No Guns

Vote for Trump (obvious judgment issue) = No Guns

3+ speeding tickets (scofflaw) = No Guns

Behind in child support payments (even if you have no job) = No Guns - Actually if you owe back child support you really don't need to be buying guns, but you don't need the government to be telling you this.

Behind or late in state or federal taxes (might attack gov't agents) = No Guns

"Reasonable" arguments can be made for almost any type of permanent restriction (infringement) of the 2nd Amendment by anti-gunners. The key is to keep the camel's nose from getting under the tent flap.

Last edited:

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    "Are you Hispanic?" should be changed to "Are you a Hispanic practitioner of Witchcraft?"
    No need to stop there, we need to add the question "Are you a Jew?" Why not?

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Word is the biggest change will be to the language addressing use of Marijuana. The update will prohibit ANY user of Marijuana from purchasing a firearm, whether they live in medical or recreational Marijuana state or not. So basicly any current weed use at all = no firearm.

Took them long enough to address it, but glad they are making the change.

But its OK to get drunk with a firearm? I don't smoke pot, and don't hang with anyone that does, but I believe that alcohol is 10x worse. As others have posted, where does it stop? They will take a little at a time, and everyone will say "Its just pot", then next time "Its just alcohol", then what? Eventually, everyone is a prohibited person for some inane reason or another.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    But its OK to get drunk with a firearm? I don't smoke pot, and don't hang with anyone that does, but I believe that alcohol is 10x worse. As others have posted, where does it stop? They will take a little at a time, and everyone will say "Its just pot", then next time "Its just alcohol", then what? Eventually, everyone is a prohibited person for some inane reason or another.

This has always been my position on pot, but you sure made it sound rational.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    Give them an inch, and they will take a mile. There are lots of legal things that can impair your judgment. "Common sense gun safety" is just liberals trying to chip away at the 2A. They should just enforce the laws we already have.

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    At what point will they start drug testing at time of purchase?

What about legal drugs like alcohol and prescription painkillers that affect thought process a lot more?

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    thAP6MSM4A.jpgth97GVX07B.jpgthGKOTVA86.jpgthUEYNFYDL.jpg

This makes so much sense because the gun violence in Colorado and Washington since the legalization of recreational marijuana is spiking out of control! The fact that they have taken over the murder capital rate from cities like Chicago and NOLA is solid proof! This is completely arbitrary and I'm sure the big pharma companies are not huge advocates of this...

JoeLiberty

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    United States
    At what point will they start drug testing at time of purchase?

What about legal drugs like alcohol and prescription painkillers that affect thought process a lot more?

Those are good for industries with powerful lobbyists, so they get a pass.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom