Jim's Firearms

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by John_ View Post
    Best to keep ur collection and ur safe on the down low. Most of the times its acquaintances or neighbors. Somebody knew what was there, and u were gone for a while. These things (stealing a safe and its contents) DO NOT happen by chance.
    This^^^^^ and this ^^^^^^^
    """ When Donnie speaks, listen! I Do! """

Marksman

Gold Member
    In a cowpasture between Scott and Carencro
    Quote Originally Posted by John_ View Post
    Best to keep ur collection and ur safe on the down low. Most of the times its acquaintances or neighbors. Somebody knew what was there, and u were gone for a while. These things (stealing a safe and its contents) DO NOT happen by chance.
    Meth heads, His was in a basement behind a steel door, They had to sledge hammer the steel door to get in.
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

I do not have a facebook account or any other social media accounts. I do not want to list too much information until the detectives interview me. The sheriff came out and took a statement from me and a list of items in the safe. He told me the detectives will contact me Monday. After my interview with them I may list more information about the break in.
    Family
    Friends
    Neighbors
    and one other source

Marksman
    Hope those leads work out for you! A bit of advice, pull you reports as soon as possible and make sure your serial numbers and descriptions are correct once they've passed through the hands of the police. It's easy to fat finger a keyboard or misread something along the way. Also if possible have them print you a report of the each firearms serial number showing its in the ncic or whatever database it is. Hopefully that's a non issue and your info and leads let you recover you safe!
    Last edited by pyreaux; January 8th, 2017 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    Meth heads, His was in a basement behind a steel door, They had to sledge hammer the steel door to get in.
    But whomever stole it, had to know what was there before hand. That means their either saw it first hand themselves, or someone told them about this guy with a big nice gun collection, and a safe.

You can purchase a new vending machine hand truck/dolly that will carry 1200 lbs for $180 delivered, I purchased one to move my safe. Took a min of two big men to get it up and over on the dolly. And don't keep the dolly at ur house after you move.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...4027_200624027

Security starts with a quality home alarm, monitored 24/7 via a cellular dialer. Phone lines get cut. Just because you have a large heavy safe doesn't mean ur stuff is secure. I posted a video couple weeks back, if you have one of these 10-14 gauge metal body fireproof safes, 20 minutes with a $15 harbor freight side grinder and a couple discs will get ya in it. Search youtube "breaching a gun safe".
    And don't be boasting to co-workers and friends about you awesome gun collection. Nor on the internet. Mum is the word.

OP, I hope you recover your firearms. But reality says its a long shot at this point.

I can't post my thoughts as to the type of person that would do this or what I wish karma would slap them with. Hope the system works in your favor in short order. I came home from a deployment to discover my Browning Hi-Power had been stolen from my parents home in 97. Got it back 3 years later. But if you post serial numbers we can keep an eye out. I always look at the model 92's at the gunshows. A friend has one like yours and I would love to have one myself, one fine rifle. Best of luck

I updated the #1 post with some of the serial numbers. I will have more serial numbers later on in the day.

Marksman
    Please add at least the last 4 digits of the serial # for the 1892. I know several people looking for one.

Man sorry to hear this, hope they get caught before they dump the goods, Ill post this on the sight i;m on in GA.

welco425 I sent a private message.

Ok
    I have been holding back a lot of information thinking it would interfere with the police and the investigation. I spoke with the detective yesterday and he did not tell me not to post information about the missing guns.
    This happen in Tylertown Mississippi.
    I am offering a $3000.00 reward for the return of all the guns, ammo and suppressor or the arrest and conviction of whoever did this. I will stand behind my earlier post about the 1892 rifle.

I added the rest of the serial numbers to the original post.

sorry for your loss I know a little of what you are going through. loss 2 hand guns a wile back one turned up in Spring Texas but still have not got it back.
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC 1987-1999

Marksman
    Mind if I ask about where in Tylertown? Got family who has a camp on Oak Grove Rd. right off 98 and he only goes up there every few weeks or months.

He had told me a few months back one of the guys who does the upkeep on his property and is a retired trooper was telling him about a bunch of armed robberies at the Dollar Generals on 98. Run in rob and get away. Crime has gotten pretty bad up there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

critta I sent you a private message

This took place in Tylertown Mississippi
    Sorry about not putting my address on here. I just don't think that would be wise.
    Last edited by JADSCOOP; January 13th, 2017 at 12:21 PM.

Just got home from the gunshow in Gonzalas, La. The only 38-40 octagonal barrel I seen was on a model 73. Did not see any 92's. I tried.

Thank You for looking. I spoke with the gentleman that had the 38-40.
    Only saw 1 Desert Eagle .50 A.E. it was new with snakeskin.

I want to say Thank You to all the people that sent in the tips and also to everyone that is on the lookout for the guns.

I have not given up on getting my old guns back but I started on my new collection. I picked up my first ar-15 yesterday from a member on Bayoushooter. Great guy to deal with.