Good Samaritan award winner

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    I don't think that came into play. Apparently he was driving in a car so could have easily had it in a glove box. Don't ruin a good guy gun story with politics. Just enjoy the good publicity

You are most likely correct. When it first broke, national CBS reported, when asked for help, he returned to his car to retrieve pistol, returned to officer and provided his "assistance". He did not have pistol on his person according to first scoops. That detail got left out in most of the national spots afterwards, but my guess is it was simplified for time reasons.

Also, thanks for saying what you said and making this thread. I know during an altercation or firefight, having an armed civilian on the scene trying to "help" would in most cases be a nightmare for you guys. This was obviously the exception to the rule and the officer was lucky to have another good guy with a gun nearby. Thanks for acknowledging that. :)

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Just because I don't agree with everything doesn't mean I am against citizens with guns. Hell I have private guns also that I'd like to keep lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's cool we can walk and chew gum, but in that thread and others it seemed your opinion of armed civilian intervention was less than welcome for you. I'm not trying to start s###. This just the impression you have left on me, and I appreciate the irony that you would post a story where an armed civilian's intervention saved an officer's life and innocent bystanders lives. Thanks for the story.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LazrBeam
    Top Bottom