First supressor, a few questions regarding process and use.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tuan

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    New Orleans
    There is a ton of good info in this thread but one thing I want to add is that if you think you might get the itch to do an SBR later down the road check out minimum barrel lengths on the suppressor you are looking at. This is why I went with the SiCo Saker instead of the Omega because the Omega had a longer barrel length requirement for 5.56 than the Saker. I think the Saker went down to 10.5 inch barrel length if I remember correctly.

Shrxfn speaks the truth on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

x1eric

UNSC Spartan
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2009
    Denham Springs, LA
    Shrxfn speaks the truth on this.

Thanks! Will definitely keep an eye on that. I've had the SBR bug since my first AR build, but lately thinking about a sbr'ing a scorpion. The want is strong! Especially with a can.

Does gas length matter as far as an AR cycling with a suppressor. All mine are 16" mid lengths. Just curious?

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    Gas length does not matter but you may want to invest in an adjustable gas block. I have Syracs on mine. It will help fine tune the ejection for suppressed and helps with gas blow back through the charging handle.

Also a DIY gas buster charging handle just in case.

http://imgur.com/a/ITM6H

I am still trying to find the time to put the stock on my recently approved 9mm glock AR. can't wait to put on the stock and the Octane 45 and try it out.

tuan

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    New Orleans
    Gas length does not matter but you may want to invest in an adjustable gas block. I have Syracs on mine. It will help fine tune the ejection for suppressed and helps with gas blow back through the charging handle.

I installed a port that took the place of my forward assist. It ports the blow back forward. I love it.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    greywolf15
    Top Bottom