New to 3d

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Puma

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Cut Off
    Hey guys I've never shot 3d archery and will probably begin to start in Feb. at American Hunter, for those of you that have can you tell me what to expect/bring with besides arrows, bow, release and what not?

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    Insect repellent, maybe a hand towel, and definitely kids if you got em. Maybe a few extra dollars for the plate lunch BBQ they usually put on. I bring a folding stool with me and shoot each stage sitting - partly because I'm old ;) but more importantly because I am almost always in a stand or blind and shoot seated when I hunt. Most don't. I just like practicing the way I actually end up shooting. It is great fun and a good way to keep your skills up during the off season. There are also some really good traditional archers that come out too. Be prepared to hunt for (or loose) a few arrows on some of the stages. Ronnie and Tom get pretty crafty at making the distances look different than they actually are sometimes which adds to the challenge. No rangefinders allowed. There are different classes - Target, Hunter, Kids, etc., and each stage has a different stake to shoot from. Mainly just show up and have a good time!

Puma

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Cut Off
    typically how many arrows do you guys bring? buckedup American Hunters Facebook posted list of 2017 dates earlier this month

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    I haven't gone by there recently to pick up the flyer but will try to get by there tomorrow and see if they have it out yet. A lot of guys that shoot the match also shoot rifle tournaments so we hope for the right weekends every year. They usually post the dates at the end of the season. As far as how many arrows, I bring six and that is usually plenty. Well... except for that one time... ;) This time of year I buy a dozen to replace the ones I have hunted with or otherwise umm.... "misplaced" somehow.

buckedup

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    Tylertown Ms.
    It's a great event and we love going there just a bit of a drive from Lafourche parish. Bring the kids pack some drinks and a lunch because they don't always provide a lunch. It's great for the entire family even your wife!

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom