White house Petitions

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    Since the Whitehouse website was wiped clean of the previous Admin. new petitions have come up. one of them being Repealing the 1986 Hughes Amendment, and the 1934 NFA act.

Links Here:
    https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/repeal-1986-hughes-amendment

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/repeal-nfa

Most of these never go anywhere, with previous Admins, but with Trump in office and having a Strong 2A backing from him and his son, if we get 100k signatures it may get his attention. albeit Congress has to do the leg work to want to repeal these Laws. but worth a shot.

991GT3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I think Communists; I mean Congress will block these but we should still push like there is not tomorrow - because there really isn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    The odds of repealing the NFA Act of 1934 are about 100 million to one I'd say.

Are you familiar with the NFA Act? Have you read it?

No I have never read it. I do however know that suppressor fall under the NFA preview. I am a believer that the Second Amendment is not to be trifled with.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    I think Communists; I mean Congress will block these but we should still push like there is not tomorrow - because there really isn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree it will be hard to get any of it to a floor vote, but if we are not pushing as hard in one direction we will be dragged in the other direction.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    No I have never read it. I do however know that suppressor fall under the NFA preview. I am a believer that the Second Amendment is not to be trifled with.

Well I could not help but season my response with sarcasm. To think NFA Act of 1934 will go away is utterly ridiculous. That would eliminate federal licensing, oversight, regulation, and taxation of fully auto firearms, AOWs, and suppressors. I can possibly see deregulation of suppressors maybe.....but it isn't happening with fully automatic firearms. I'll bet ya $500 at 1 to 2 odds on that, inside of a 4 year time window starting 01/20/2017 if you want some action from me, and feel so authoritative on this.

If you research the Hearing Protection Act of 2015, chaired by a representative in AZ, you will see the goal is to de-regulate suppressors only. They're not going after the NFA Act entirely, they're not that damned stupid.

Last edited:

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Well I could not help but season my response with sarcasm. To think NFA Act of 1934 will go away is utterly ridiculous. That would eliminate federal licensing, oversight, regulation, and taxation of fully auto firearms, AOWs, and suppressors. I can possibly see deregulation of suppressors maybe.....but it isn't happening with fully automatic firearms. I'll bet ya $500 at 1 to 2 odds on that, inside of a 4 year time window starting 01/20/2017 if you want some action from me, and feel so authoritative on this.

If you research the Hearing Protection Act of 2015, chaired by a representative in AZ, you will see the goal is to de-regulate suppressors only. They're not going after the NFA Act entirely, they're not that damned stupid.

I'm no ones fool but I will continue to push the cart. We may never retake the top of the hill but I'm gonna do my part to make sure it doesn't roll down to the bottom.

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    Since the Whitehouse website was wiped clean of the previous Admin. new petitions have come up. one of them being Repealing the 1986 Hughes Amendment, and the 1934 NFA act.

Links Here:
    https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/repeal-1986-hughes-amendment

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/repeal-nfa

Most of these never go anywhere, with previous Admins, but with Trump in office and having a Strong 2A backing from him and his son, if we get 100k signatures it may get his attention. albeit Congress has to do the leg work to want to repeal these Laws. but worth a shot.

Signed them both. Pretty much zero chance of congress even considering this, but at least I put in my $0.02

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Well ur a fool today if you think for one minute the Congress will repeal the NFA Act. And that's exactly what you alluded to earlier in this thread.
    I hate to just put it out there on ya, but you typed it. So you must own it.

You are a fool if you think any of it will get to a floor vote with such narrow majorities.

CBlack

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Covington, La
    The posts on this thread is why the libtards keep gaining ground and we lose. They never give up and they keep fighting. Maobamacare anyone? Passed without a single GOP vote because the Dems act like the rest of us don't exist when they have power.

I hope Trump smashes their agenda into pieces then pisses on it. Including destroying anything that hinders the 2nd Amendment.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Agreed, not going to happen. If we can get suppressors and SBR's off the NFA list and national reciprocity in the next 8 years I'd be perfectly happy.

I will go sign the petitions because it gives us a better starting position in the compromise...

Top Bottom