Range in the rain/wind.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    A couple friends bailed on me going to the range this past weekend because of the rain/wind. Myself I like shooting in all conditions.

Does bad weather stop you guys from going to the range?

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I've shot many matches in the rain, the worst part is it forces you to clean your guns, which I HATE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

xobelkcat

tacklebox
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Jul 6, 2007
    Slidell, Louisiana
    I'm with the OP. Never let bad weather stop me from range time.
    Now if it's really raining hard, I won't set up paper targets and shoot for groupings, stong wind just means a lot more staples in the target!

I have parted with all my "show" guns, the guns I have are tools, and some tools get dirty!

Ellis1958

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Port Allen, LA
    Wind. Rain. Whatever. Bring it on.

The only time the matches get delayed is when lightning threatens. As such when conditions are not the greatest I still head to the range for practice. Try shooting an iron sight AR in the driving rain having to blow the water out of the rear aperture between each shot. Try 300yd shots having to wait for the lulls in the wind but yet keep in mind that you do have a time limit to get your shots off.

Shooting in less than optimal conditions and working your way through the issues will make you a better shooter than the guy who only shows up on perfect days.

Metryshooter

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Sorry, but no. I've fired rounds more than enough times in really crappy conditions to say I've done it. I don't feel like less of a man to have to good sense enough not to voluntarily be miserable for some trigger time.

wcweir3

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Gonzales, LA
    I treat range time the same way that I treat time on two wheels if it is raining real hard before I leave the house I don’t ride or go to shoot.
    I spent plenty of time on wet roads and up in plenty of trees I don’t need more practice.
    Wingate

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I've shot many matches in the rain, the worst part is it forces you to clean your guns, which I HATE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I shoot in the rain so I "don't" have to clean my guns lol. However I know you have some nice guns.

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    I am starting to think there's something wrong with me. I actually kinda enjoy cleaning my guns. In fact I have thought about how Hoppes #9 would make a good after shave too.

jlee

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 29, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'd do almost anything to drop the kids off at school tomorrow , head to the range, and clean my guns afterward. Instead, I'll be working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom