Trump's speech

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    This was always going to be a trade off for a stronger America. I'm ok with this!

so it's not that it's incorrect to say Americans will be forced to pay more (b/c we agree we will)...but that the trade off is worth it...ok, understood.

I'm not sold it will make us stronger either.

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    so it's not that it's incorrect to say Americans will be forced to pay more (b/c we agree we will)...but that the trade off is worth it...ok, understood.

This could do great things for our sugar cane farmers which will help Louisiana's economy...

GunAddict

constitutionalist
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    North Monroe, La. area
    Here is a question for you to think about. What the hell did America do for 217 years before NAFTA was forced down our throats?? Ross Perot said it back when he was running for Pres, if NAFTA is passed you will hear a giant sucking sound south of the border. One of the first industries that went south was textile. I had a career in that of almost 20 years that I lost. So did ten's of thousands of other people. We had tariffs on goods for a reason and bringing them back is the first step in rebuilding our country. Our founding fathers were smart enough to know we needed them and still do. The corporations wanted NAFTA so they could make huge profits by cutting their costs and at the expense of American jobs, which they did not care about. Bottom line is all they cared about. NAFTA was a knife stabbed in the back of America.
    Do you really think if NAFTA had not been put in that GM would have moved so much south of the border? No. They would not because it would not have made it economical for them to have the huge profit increase. The tariffs on goods made outside would have eaten their profit, so the jobs would have stayed in America. Same for all other manufacturers, they would stay put producing goods here in this country, to be sold here and elsewhere.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Here is a question for you to think about. What the hell did America do for 217 years before NAFTA was forced down our throats?? Ross Perot said it back when he was running for Pres, if NAFTA is passed you will hear a giant sucking sound south of the border. One of the first industries that went south was textile. I had a career in that of almost 20 years that I lost. So did ten's of thousands of other people. We had tariffs on goods for a reason and bringing them back is the first step in rebuilding our country. Our founding fathers were smart enough to know we needed them and still do. The corporations wanted NAFTA so they could make huge profits by cutting their costs and at the expense of American jobs, which they did not care about. Bottom line is all they cared about. NAFTA was a knife stabbed in the back of America.
    Do you really think if NAFTA had not been put in that GM would have moved so much south of the border? No. They would not because it would not have made it economical for them to have the huge profit increase. The tariffs on goods made outside would have eaten their profit, so the jobs would have stayed in America. Same for all other manufacturers, they would stay put producing goods here in this country, to be sold here and elsewhere.

This was always going to be a trade off for a stronger America. I'm ok with this!
    I buy hand picked, vine ripened tomato's From here or none at all. A green picked mexican or cali one is nit even worth it.
    Half the stuff sold in the USA is crap the buyers do not even need. But buy since it is cheap.
    Do you get 3 Highpoints or one good handgun?
    We will still shop

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    I still say give the man a chance. I mean he's only built a very impressive personal empire... He'll be the most scrutinized president in history. Why? because he's not a politician? Because he actually seems to care about the American people and will actually fight for the little guys? I say give him some breathing room and let him work his magic!

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    I still say give the man a chance. I mean he's only built a very impressive personal empire... He'll be the most scrutinized president in history. Why? because he's not a politician? Because he actually seems to care about the American people and will actually fight for the little guys? I say give him some breathing room and let him work his magic!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    This!!!

GunAddict

constitutionalist
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    North Monroe, La. area
    Exactly! It has only been one week. He has still done more in that one week than any other President of the past. As another poster on a news site said, think of American as one very, very large ship. It's not going to turn on a dime and is going to move slowly at first. But I believe we are going to turn around and become a better, greater nation than we have been in the last 25 years.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by

Sli you are over simplifying this. We have foreign actors (Mexico and China) who are devaluing their currency to keep our trade deficit from pricing themselves out of our market. We aren't talking simple economy's of scale we are talking currency manipulation so that there is no competition. When you combine that with horrid regulations in this country it's no wonder our trade deficits continue to skyrocket. Except we have one more thing at play. Our businesses in this country have to pay for he privilege to sell things offshore. Which handicaps American companies in the international market.
    You know my political ideology we have talked at length, one thing our constitution has tasked the government with is to act in the states interest in trade arrangements. While typically you know I would say increasing taxes is no way to help the economy, because tax is like $hit it all rolls down hill, but it's not that simple.

In the end it's all academic if we don't fix our domestic economic issues at the same time.

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    Not if you don't buy crap from Mexico. Drink Coors instead of Corona.

And if Americans do not buy the Mexican crap, then Mexico doesn't fund the wall, Americans do since we pre-paid for it already.

If Americans do buy the Mexican crap, then Mexico doesn't fund the wall, Americans do since we are charged the 20% increase...people pay for taxes (countries, corporations, etc do not).

Sli you are over simplifying this.

I think we are talking about two different things. I'm focusing solely on the campaign promise that Mexico will fund the wall. I did mention I'm not sold this move (tariffs) will strengthen our economy, however, I haven't really said anything about that issue.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    And if Americans do not buy the Mexican crap, then Mexico doesn't fund the wall, Americans do since we pre-paid for it already.

If Americans do buy the Mexican crap, then Mexico doesn't fund the wall, Americans do since we are charged the 20% increase...people pay for taxes (countries, corporations, etc do not).

I think we are talking about two different things. I'm focusing solely on the campaign promise that Mexico will fund the wall. I did mention I'm not sold this move (tariffs) will strengthen our economy, however, I haven't really said anything about that issue.

You are right. In the end it doesn't really fulfill the promise that Mexico will pay. I think this could be a jumping off point to shore up the economy but it really doesn't make them pay. I would prefer the expatriation tax for foreign nationals sending money home.

GunAddict

constitutionalist
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    North Monroe, La. area
    It's very simple math. I was reading an article yesterday talking about how much of our tax dollars was spent on ILLEGAL aliens each year. And the cost of the wall is a fraction(%) of what we spend. So every single one that is stopped from coming in is a savings or reimbursement so to speak. In other words saved tax money is paying for the wall, but after a couple of years the wall is paid for. Then you also have the net gain in jobs brought back here when the manufacturers are forced to start production here because it is not economical no longer south of the border. We have almost 1/3 of our country out of work because the politicians built an imaginary bridge with no restrictions for producers to get cheap labor. Did anyone see the prices of clothing drastically go down after it went south of the border, if you are old enough to have been out on your own.. No, it did not, clothing stayed the same but the quality sure went down. With Mexico having a minimum wage of $.58 an hour compared to the U.S. back in 1993, of about $5.35 an hour, the price for making a pair of bluejeans should have dropped drastically. They did not, it was all profit back in the pockets of the corporations producing them and at the cost of American jobs. Such jobs as in my small hometown that had a textile plant of 7 acres under one roof and at its peak had just shy of 1,000 people employed there. So for a small town to lose 1,000 jobs really hurt it. Oh, and I was living and working in Slidell at that time. Only place that had more was the paper mill with a little over 1,000. For those that were not born before 1970, they are not old enough to realize what it was before that imaginary bridge called NAFTA was and what it was to do to our economy. It's going to take a while to get a lot of those jobs back if we can. It all boils down to how tough the politicians will reverse the unfair trade. So Mexico will pay for the wall one way or another if by lost jobs coming back home or lost sale of goods. Mexico can not jack their prices up or pass the cost on down because that would put them in a cost bracket of more than the American produced goods. To stay competitive they will have to sell equal to or less than "homegrown" goods.
    Years ago I did some research and found a lot of info on our founding fathers and the reason they put tariffs on goods coming in to be sold here and they were damn smart. It made us become a great nation. But the politicians had nothing to worry about when they passed NAFTA as they knew it would not hurt them, they were above everyone else, at least for a while, and now the rooster has come home to roost. I hope President Trump makes them squeal like a little pig.

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    ^^^^^ Agreed! Any dollar not spent housing illegals, or providing medicaid, or giving them food stamps, or them not paying taxes... Or any movey saved not outsourcing jobs is in my opinion them paying for the wall.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    My last word on this issue is this:

Why squabble about who is going to pay for this? Personally, I would like to see impenetrable walls on both borders. Canada is letting in as many possible terrorists as anybody with their liberal horseshit too! But back to Mexico; a clear border barrier to unfettered crossings, smuggling, whatever, is a necessary and mandated duty of a sovereign country's leaders to protect the citizens' and their treasure. In this case, treasure means anything you want to protect. It also sends a clear message that the unfettered free **** parade is coming to an end.

This barrier has been overdue since the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo was signed 1848. You know who needs to pay for it? US! As in the United States! GunAddict is correct enough about the "treasure" being pissed away on these felons that have been told that if they make it, they can stay. Can we send them back now? No! But we damn sure can stop any more from coming; or at the very least try! And this government owes it to the citizens of the US as the first duty of the President and the US Congress!

You guys that are whining about who is paying really need to check into a years worth of waste (I call it stealing), in this country's spending. Just a pittance of the thievery could pay for BOTH Walls!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    rynola
    Top Bottom