**super deal** buy geissele trigger get lower and parts kit free

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Not a thing wrong with an Anderson lower receiver. Forged 7065-T6 mil spec hard anodized just like pretty much all of them.

I know I know, just messing around. Never heard anything bad about Anderson, just that the most expensive trigger available being paired with the cheapest lower available struck me as funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    well my thoughts were I need another good trigger for a match rifle, and if it also comes with the lower parts kit I could just put the mil spec lower parts kit trigger in it for free and use the good trigger in my match rifle then all I would need is a buffer,tube, and stock to finish the lower, which I have some spare ones

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    yep, to be honest I haven't really ever noticed a diff in lowers.... especially mil spec.. now you start getting into barrels, bolts,carriers you talking about a diff, other than that, its like buy a noveske buffer tube... spend the money if you want but that part wont make a diff
    Not a thing wrong with an Anderson lower receiver. Forged 7065-T6 mil spec hard anodized just like pretty much all of them.

x1eric

UNSC Spartan
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2009
    Denham Springs, LA
    The hardest decision for me on lowers is whose logo I like, and what's in stock. Never really batted an eye otherwise. My most expensive build ever actually used a plain Rock River lower as that was all I could find stripped at the time. I see spending the extra dough on a custom shaped billet one with a skull on the magwell, punisher, Spartan logo, etc. But for just a run of the mill, milspec build, to me...a lower is a lower. With that said, I still want an Umbrella Corp. lower like nobody's business!

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I bet there would be a lot of tears shed (in private of course) if some of the gurus on here only knew where some of the elite vs "cheap trash" receivers are actually made.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    all made in the same factorys just a diff stamp when they roll out lol

Not entirely accurate. They all come from a handful of forges. The individual companies still do their own machining on the lower, all with varying degrees of quality. Over the years I've had out of spec lowers, good lowers, bad lowers, and everything inbetween. For the most part all lowers function the same, but I don't build enough ARs to not just spend the extra $20-30 on a top notch lower.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Not entirely accurate. They all come from a handful of forges. The individual companies still do their own machining on the lower, all with varying degrees of quality. Over the years I've had out of spec lowers, good lowers, bad lowers, and everything inbetween. For the most part all lowers function the same, but I don't build enough ARs to not just spend the extra $20-30 on a top notch lower.

If I bought a "mil-spec" lower that was out of spec. I would contact the vendor and the manufacturer and have it replaced.

The only way I'm paying for a high end lower is if it is machined with the upper so that there is no play between the upper and lower. In spec is in spec which allows for tolerances. It doesn't matter if it's rifle parts or race car parts. This comes from a guy who has hand fitted oil control rings and believes in balancing and blueprinting rotating assemblies. Individual fittment is the only way when you want to achieve perfection.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    If I bought a "mil-spec" lower that was out of spec. I would contact the vendor and the manufacturer and have it replaced.

The only way I'm paying for a high end lower is if it is machined with the upper so that there is no play between the upper and lower. In spec is in spec which allows for tolerances. It doesn't matter if it's rifle parts or race car parts. This comes from a guy who has hand fitted oil control rings and believes in balancing and blueprinting rotating assemblies. Individual fittment is the only way when you want to achieve perfection.

Seeing how you're a very precise type of guy, hand fitting piston rings to the ten thousands of an inch, there is only one "t" in fitment :)

Top Bottom