This can't be right (hate crime legislation)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Yep that was my expert opinion when I heard the idiot bill introduced. Making those tasked with protecting society set a part as a special protected class was idiocracy at its dumbest. Every officer in the state should pissed at the idiots in Baton Rouge, because they believe you guys to be a bunch of flaccid, limp wrists, _ussies.

Last edited:

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    But yet four black teens in Chicago kidnapped a mentally challenged white teen for 24 hours. Abused him, cut him, slapped him around, said funk white people and Trump repeatedly. Oh and they recorded it all on video and posted it on FB live to friends and family. At one point they contacted the boy's mother via text or email and wanted $300 ransom for her son's return.

But yet the Chicago Police spokesman was quoted in the media that it was NOT a hate crime.

http://heavy.com/news/2017/01/chicago-torture-kidnap-video-kevin-duffin-hate-crime-police-stupid-mistake-kids-eddie-johnson/

National attention and outcry has caused the charges to be changed, now including hate crime charges.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/05/us/chicago-facebook-live-beating/

Last edited:

JoeLiberty

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    United States
    Ah. Read the article Mr King links to. Seems some small town police chief misspoke and has since corrected himself. What are the odds Mr King updates his article? You think the stuff on here is anti LEO? That guy though, jeezy petes

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    This smells like some o that 'Fake news' to me.

Fake news or not the bill is real and its utterly rediculous. All hate crimes legislation is, charge a person for what they do, not what they think. This is especially stupid because, by design an officer's job is to some degree to be hated by criminals.

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    That article you just linked is a liberal load of bull spit.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Well here you go read the original bill then decide if you think it's stupid.

AN ACT
    To amend and reenact R.S. 14:107.2(A) and to enact R.S. 14:107.2(E), relative to hate crimes; to provide for the elements of the crime; to provide for definitions; and to provide for related matters. Be it enacted by the Legislature of Louisiana: Section 1. R.S. 14:107.2(A) is hereby amended and reenacted and R.S. 14:107.2(E) is hereby enacted to read as follows: §107.2. Hate crimes
    A. It shall be unlawful for any person to select the victim of the following
    offenses against person and property because of actual or perceived race, age, gender, religion, color, creed, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, or ancestry of that person or the owner or occupant of that property or because of actual or perceived membership or service in, or employment with, an organization, or because of actual or perceived employment as a law enforcement officer or firefighter: first or second degree murder; manslaughter; battery; aggravated battery; second degree battery; aggravated assault with a firearm; terrorizing; mingling harmful substances; simple or third degree rape, forcible or second degree rape, or aggravated or first degree rape; sexual battery, second degree sexual battery; oral sexual battery; carnal knowledge of a juvenile; indecent behavior with juveniles; molestation of a juvenile or a person with a physical or mental disability; simple, second degree, or aggravated kidnapping; simple or aggravated arson; communicating of false information of planned arson; simple or aggravated criminal damage to property; contamination of water supplies; simple or aggravated burglary; criminal trespass; simple, first degree, or armed robbery; purse snatching; extortion; theft; desecration of graves; institutional vandalism; or assault by drive-by shooting.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Ah. Read the article Mr King links to. Seems some small town police chief misspoke and has since corrected himself. What are the odds Mr King updates his article? You think the stuff on here is anti LEO? That guy though, jeezy petes

I wouldn't say that Police Chief misspoke. I'd say at the time of the interview, he truly believed that resisting arrest constituted a hate crime.

Here is the video interview:

http://www.katc.com/story/34310586/...e-change-comes-with-states-new-hate-crime-law

Now, that said, it seems he educated himself once the media blew it up and reversed his position.

Personally, I support stiffer penalties for criminals who attack, injure, or kill police officers. I think anyone who kills a cop should get the chair, provided he even survives being arrested for the charge. I would even support stiffer penalties for resisting arrest. However, I'd prefer they left the whole "Hate Crime" thing out of it.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Example of the stupidity:
    I decide to rob a bank. I rush in mask on gun in hand. I look to my right and there's a uniformed officer and before he has time to react I shoot him.

By this law I targeted him because he's a LEO so it's a hate crime.

Does it matter if I'm caught that they tack on hate crime to 1st degree murder and robbery? No

It's a stupid feel good law that a bunch of dirtbags thought up to curry favor. The idiots should be embarrassed. But instead we say good job for protecting our police from thoughts. Instead they should have been working on solutions in a state the has been running deficits for years.

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    Well here you go read the original bill then decide if you think it's stupid.

AN ACT
    To amend and reenact R.S. 14:107.2(A) and to enact R.S. 14:107.2(E), relative to hate crimes; to provide for the elements of the crime; to provide for definitions; and to provide for related matters. Be it enacted by the Legislature of Louisiana: Section 1. R.S. 14:107.2(A) is hereby amended and reenacted and R.S. 14:107.2(E) is hereby enacted to read as follows: §107.2. Hate crimes
    A. It shall be unlawful for any person to select the victim of the following
    offenses against person and property because of actual or perceived race, age, gender, religion, color, creed, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, or ancestry of that person or the owner or occupant of that property or because of actual or perceived membership or service in, or employment with, an organization, or because of actual or perceived employment as a law enforcement officer or firefighter: first or second degree murder; manslaughter; battery; aggravated battery; second degree battery; aggravated assault with a firearm; terrorizing; mingling harmful substances; simple or third degree rape, forcible or second degree rape, or aggravated or first degree rape; sexual battery, second degree sexual battery; oral sexual battery; carnal knowledge of a juvenile; indecent behavior with juveniles; molestation of a juvenile or a person with a physical or mental disability; simple, second degree, or aggravated kidnapping; simple or aggravated arson; communicating of false information of planned arson; simple or aggravated criminal damage to property; contamination of water supplies; simple or aggravated burglary; criminal trespass; simple, first degree, or armed robbery; purse snatching; extortion; theft; desecration of graves; institutional vandalism; or assault by drive-by shooting.

Lol, probably one of the most targeted is completely ignored: the affluent.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom