Question about a concealed weapon

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    OK, new angle... what about backpacking in Kisatchie? Would it be better to have a takedown rifle than a pistol (since I have no CHP) stuffed inside my pack? Guess if I'm hiking on a WMA, then I have to keep hunting regulations in mind as well. Damn, this **** is complicated!

Yeah those WMA's are fun. I'm trying to organize a camping hog hunting weekend in Richard Yancy, but I'm struggling with all the if's and but's. I'm just gonna call them later today and take good notes and make a plan based on that. If I'm stopped and the agent in the field takes exception to my equipment (selected based on conversation) I will provide him with name, date and time, and whatever additional information I'm given in the conversation. I have found most game wardens to be hunters with a good nature who happened to find away to make a living at running around in the woods.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    OK, new angle... what about backpacking in Kisatchie? Would it be better to have a takedown rifle than a pistol (since I have no CHP) stuffed inside my pack? Guess if I'm hiking on a WMA, then I have to keep hunting regulations in mind as well. Damn, this **** is complicated!

The only safe move here is to just sell all of your guns and sharp objects and never leave the house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I urge you and anyone else who agrees with us that these laws are stupid to write the state rep. Petition the committee on CJ. Do your part. Put your words and thoughts to action.

As strongly as you feel about these laws why don't you go run for office?

Renegade

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Red Stick
    Yeah those WMA's are fun. I'm trying to organize a camping hog hunting weekend in Richard Yancy, but I'm struggling with all the if's and but's. I'm just gonna call them later today and take good notes and make a plan based on that. If I'm stopped and the agent in the field takes exception to my equipment (selected based on conversation) I will provide him with name, date and time, and whatever additional information I'm given in the conversation. I have found most game wardens to be hunters with a good nature who happened to find away to make a living at running around in the woods.

I would be very careful about that just after deer season and all. Dot your i's and cross your t's, definitely give that specific WMA a call first: http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/wma/36994. You'll need a basic and big game license, plus WMA stamp. Have to be careful about caliber restrictions and firearm type restrictions during certain times of year, some WMAs are better than others.

Last edited:

Renegade

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Red Stick
    The only safe move here is to just sell all of your guns and sharp objects and never leave the house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was actually a serious question lol. I have no CHP, but want to carry a trail gun in my pack. I know a pistol isn't legal, but what about a takedown rifle?

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    As strongly as you feel about these laws why don't you go run for office?

I know you say that half in jest, but I have considered it. I have also considered taking a crap on a log covered in poison ivy, and decided it wasn't for me. :rofl:

Originally I thought I'm too honest, and the media would destroy me but Trump won, so Put me down as a maybe in the next election cycle. I would likely need to find someone who could fix my grammar and spelling without taking away my style of syntax.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    I would be very careful about the just after deer season and all. Dot your i's and cross your t's, definitely give that specific WMA a call first: http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/wma/36994. You'll need a basic and big game license, plus WMA stamp. Have to be careful about caliber restrictions and firearm type restrictions during certain times of year, some WMAs are better than others.

Truth

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    It was actually a serious question lol. I have no CHP, but want to carry a trail gun in my pack. I know a pistol isn't legal, but what about a takedown rifle?

I honestly have no idea man, and certainly wouldn't want to give bad advice that could get you in trouble. I'd call the WMA/agency responsible and ask. You may not get the *correct* answer, but you'll get the answer that matters when you're playing in their turf.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by

Well it appears WMA's allow a center fire pistol for hog hunters (I guess for self defense) so you could go on an unsuccessful hog hunt I guess? Not legal advice.

Edit:
    How sad it's it that I felt the urge to put that disclaimer?

Last edited:

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    And here I thought we were moving past the days of Bayou Shooter name calling and slander (technically liable because it was typed).

Clearly your skin is WAY too thin for politics. Kindly point out where I called you an inappropriate name in this thread. Facts seem to elude you once again.

Sort of like those welds on ur rock crawler you boasted of many months back and we requested pics......but you had some excuse for not ever posting any. Lots of words, little else.

I'm done with this BS for a while. Between this BS.......and Eric sending me "love notes" at 0100 in the friggen morning. Got a few sick puppies here no doubt.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Clearly your skin is WAY too thin for politics. Kindly point out where I called you an inappropriate name in this thread. Facts seem to elude you once again.

Sort of like those welds on ur rock crawler you boasted of many months back and we requested pics......but you had some excuse for not ever posting any. Lots of words, little else.

I'm done with this BS for a while. Between this BS.......and Eric sending me "love notes" at 0100 in the friggen morning. Got a few sick puppies here no doubt.

Interesting!

Aren't you the same guy that piled on the erroneous BS about the NRA Banquet in B.R. because you claimed to have a terrible experience in Harahan, said you would contribute to the cause if you were sure that it was not just another "scam for money" (not sure of exact verbiage), and when I debunked your fears all I heard was crickets chirping when I asked you to help?

I am not taking anybody's side on here; and I am not calling you out for any other reason than fair play; but you left out hypocrites in your assessment of the crowd. There is more of those on here than puppies.

:dunno:

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land

Whatever, You were still actively posting, and I don't quite understand you're point on this... I offered a phone conversation to discuss further. You've said before that you don't go into the city, and seem like one to be sitting on the front porch with a shotgun yelling "get off my property", so I don't understand how you could disagree so strongly with this guy covering an OC pistol with a jacket on his property. That's fine though, Feel free to blast me. I'll be sure to return the favor later.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by

Yeah yeah thicker skin. You behave so childishly, and ignore the argument at hand only to try and belittle another. You must work for CNN or something.:redfinger:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom