Pville Wally Mart new gun section?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kpm

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    Anyone notice a revamp of the sporting goods section in the prairieville Walmart? Appears they have a new but empty gun display behind the newly designed counter.

Of course there was no one anywhere remotely around that I could ask. They should rack up selling locked up guns ammo with no employees and no one ever knowing the where about of the said key. Awesome business model.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

peterf225

Rating - 100%
    126   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Prairieville
    I saw this Friday morning. I had heard there was rumors of closing the Pville Walmart but can't see that happening if they are sinking money into it.

Tigerfish

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Prairieville, La
    Why would they close it? It isn't even that old, especially compared to some like the one in Gonzales.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rdm227

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2012
    Prairieville
    Why would they close it? It isn't even that old, especially compared to some like the one in Gonzales.

Haven't heard any news of it closing but it could definitely use better management. They never have enough cashiers and are usually out of stock.

peterf225

Rating - 100%
    126   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Prairieville

It is a rumor I heard that came from two employees that work at that location. I wouldn't understand them shutting it down for any reason. Management has been an issue and I have noticed new asst managers there the last couple months. Some of the previous asst managers were sent to other stores.

highstandard40

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    I don't have any information about the Prairieville location closing, but I can't imagine that happening. Especially since Walmart is investing in building yet another location on Airline Highway, midway between the Gonzales and Prairieville stores. The Walmart Neighborhood Market is nearing completion next door to Rouses.

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    Of course there was no one anywhere remotely around that I could ask. They should rack up selling locked up guns ammo with no employees and no one ever knowing the where about of the said key. Awesome business model.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can say the same thing about just about every Wal Mart in the country. They make money in spite of themselves.

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Highstandard, do you know for certain that that is going to be a Neighborhood WM?? It looks different than the others, like the one at 42 and 44. Why would they build one there with Rouses there?? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me to do that.

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Wow. Ok thanks!! I agree with the folks about the Pville WM. Very poorly run and God help you if you order something and have it shipped there. They sat on an order for 3 weeks and didn't know what MY problem was..It was there as I had a part time employee friend check into it. They told him they didn't know who it belonged to. Idiots. The NH WM on 42/44 is okay but seems to run out of stuff like produce real fast. Its a big convenience store to me. Much prefer LeBlancs/Rouses for groceries.

moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Don't know about Walmart but I've been in 3 different Academy Sports and Outdoors, and they have really upgraded their rifle and gun selection..
    i saw a bunch of new rifles like the Cz 805 bren,Cz scorpion, a iwi tavor and a bunch of different model Ak47s...i was so suprised to see these type of rifles in Academy..hell the Academy in houma has 223 and 300blk complete uppers for $299

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Here we can not have gins since corporate said so! in 2005 all the guns were taken when they looted the store. So they said no more.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    greywolf15
    Top Bottom