Opinions on Luth AR stocks

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CBORNE01

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Was looking at these and thinking of going to a fixed stock with the AR.
    Anyone have experience with these?

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I have a prs which isn't a Luth but similar in use. From my understanding the luth can be adjusted more and is lighter and cheaper. So a lot of wins in comparing the two

AZ2VET

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 2, 2017
    Ponchatoula, La.
    I have one and I like it. Does not feel flimsy to me, actually feels pretty solid and tough, it fits the buffer tube tight so no rattle. Takes a bit of tinkering with to get it set, the charging handle will hit the cheek riser if the stock is to far in on the buffer tube is the main thing to watch out for. Atlas monopod installed on it works very well for me also. My other drawback is that the metal bits for tightening everything into place dont seem to be coated very well to prevent light corrosion. Overall, I am happy with my purchase, and a couple of close friends like it also.

CBORNE01

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Thanks, my concern was fitting. It would be going on a JP with the silent capture system, so shimming may or may not be necessary with their buffer tube. I currently have an ACE SOCOM on it that is adjustable.

Last edited:

ARifleman1982

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2014
    I have one and I like it. Does not feel flimsy to me, actually feels pretty solid and tough, it fits the buffer tube tight so no rattle. Takes a bit of tinkering with to get it set, the charging handle will hit the cheek riser if the stock is to far in on the buffer tube is the main thing to watch out for. Atlas monopod installed on it works very well for me also. My other drawback is that the metal bits for tightening everything into place dont seem to be coated very well to prevent light corrosion. Overall, I am happy with my purchase, and a couple of close friends like it also.
    Glad you're happy with it. I just never handled one. They're great looking though.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom