Screwing with a scammer, glitter bomb

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madmax4x4

HONKY
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    New Orleans
    So i had a want to buy ad here that was answered by new members collrf from the first emails you could tell it was a scammer. When I asked what kind of kit and how much they asked what kind I was looking for, I said Russian milled or Iraqi. They emailed back about a milled Russian kit. Pics being the first that show up from Google images. I didn't respond but later got the pm from AustinBR about this kind of thing so I decided to have fun with them...

To watch the videos above you have to click on them and view on the photo bucket website.

So that's what happens when you rip the top of the flat rate box office. That cardboard tray is filed with glitter, the loading spring string is cut after package is sealed. Box sealed with tape inside and out, all but the front being sealed with on piece folded over a little. Easy to remove. All other parts are tapped much more. The idea is to make sure they use the path of least resistance.

Here's the run down. More pics and info to follow. If anyone has been scammed by them I have all personal info if they want to file a report.

The pics they sent happened to be the very first that come up on Google images if you put in Russian milled ak47 kit.

Address I was told to send money order to made out in the name of Denise Avery

Denise Hines being her name before marriage to Jimmy Amery (they are now divorced but you'll see more on that later)

[/QUOTE]

- - - Updated - - -

More to follow

Last edited:

madmax4x4

HONKY
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    New Orleans

The last and only reply after delivery lol

The fun part

Was able to add a lot more glitter when I loaded it up.

If you Google the email address lots of post about them being a scammer

This is the last and only email response I got when I asked if they had payment lol. I'm trying for another.

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    So you think these people (whose FB you posted) are linked to this? I don't want someone to be unfairly blasted on here. But as for the glitter bomb...did you make it yourself or use a pre-made one? And that's brilliant sending a glitter bomb to these scamming assholes. I hope it really ruins their day because keeping them off of here is quite a pain in the ass.

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    I think it is funny but at the same time wondering if it could possibly be a federal chargable offense to use the USPS to do this?

madmax4x4

HONKY
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    New Orleans
    So you think these people (whose FB you posted) are linked to this? I don't want someone to be unfairly blasted on here. But as for the glitter bomb...did you make it yourself or use a pre-made one? And that's brilliant sending a glitter bomb to these scamming assholes. I hope it really ruins their day because keeping them off of here is quite a pain in the ass.

Yes the Facebook account is her. It's a little hard to follow but the info on that is above.

I made the glitter bomb from paint sticks and a tap on mag spring. If you click on the videos of the two flat rate boxes you can see how it works. I did it three time with no glitter in different box's but could hold the box and rip the top off with my phone in hand. I'll make another sometime and get someone to film me opening it.

The glitter bombs you order are pretty weak it looks like

Last edited:

madmax4x4

HONKY
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    New Orleans
    I think it is funny but at the same time wondering if it could possibly be a federal chargable offense to use the USPS to do this?

Well it's actually a glitter catapult not a bomb of any kind. Nothing hazardous or potential dangerous under USES guidelines. I'm guessing a incorrect non existent return address is frowned aponn and could get the package pulled.

Also, you didn't put your return address on it, right?

I did put it was the same fake address I gave them from the get go.

Last edited:

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    I have to ask who's address did you list for return?

I would have used the a local FBI field office. So that if he is foolish enough to attempt a retaliation he would earn himself a timeout.

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    Well it's actually a glitter catapult not a bomb of any kind. Nothing hazardous or potential dangerous under USES guidelines. I'm guessing a incorrect non existent return address is frowned aponn and could get the package pulled.

I did put it was the same fake address I gave them from the get go.

Okay, I was just curious. I do think it is funny as all get out! :D

madmax4x4

HONKY
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    New Orleans

I would have used the a local FBI field office. So that if he is foolish enough to attempt a retaliation he would earn himself a timeout.

The address isn't a real one just a badly spelled combo of New Orleans addresses

If anyone actually has been scammed you should file a report with her home town police department. Me and some others ran down all kinds of info on her. I wanted to file a report myself but wasn't actually scammed and I'm not sure how much local pd or any law enforcement would care. That's why these people stay at it that long and stick with numerous but low cash amounts.

https://www.google.com/search?q=jam...droid-samsung&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    The address isn't a real one just a badly spelled combo of New Orleans addresses

If anyone actually has been scammed you should file a report with her home town police department. Me and some others ran down all kinds of info on her. I wanted to file a report myself but wasn't actually scammed and I'm not sure how much local pd or any law enforcement would care. That's why these people stay at it that long and stick with numerous but low cash amounts.

https://www.google.com/search?q=jam...droid-samsung&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Worth a shot. You should contact the PD and see what they say.

981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA

if the package got denied and resent to sender. It's a good way to get the FBI to show up at your house asking why one of their agents got showered in glitter lol.

Jasarii

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Walker, LA
    Funny.
    I happen to know a few ppl in that area from my college days when I lived in Alabama for two years. I'll check and see if he knows these ppl from Russellville.

Top Bottom