Lafourche Parish Sheriff's Office Shooting Range

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tuan

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    New Orleans
    Has anyone been to this range?

Do they have plate to shoot at or is it all paper?

Nice? Worth the drive from out of town?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sig66

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2016
    NOLA Westbank
    Do they allow you to draw from a holster, say from a static position? I did a pistol course with the VATA guys, and would like to work on the drills we learned, but none of the indoor ranges will allow that.

Sig66

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2016
    NOLA Westbank
    Do they allow rapid fire shooting?

When I spoke with the RO about doing holster work, he told me "as long as you don't do any crazy stuff, yes", so I'd assume that would apply to rapid fire just the same. I think as long as what you're doing is safe, for you, and others beside you, and you're not destroying any equipment on the range, you should be fine.

Sig66

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2016
    NOLA Westbank
    No rapid fire.

I guess you have to define rapid fire. I can easily see that meaning different things to different people. If you go there wanting to do some drills for CCW, part of that is shooting quickly. It seems like this could be a gray area; one that's hard to know what's too much?

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I guess you have to define rapid fire. I can easily see that meaning different things to different people. If you go there wanting to do some drills for CCW, part of that is shooting quickly. It seems like this could be a gray area; one that's hard to know what's too much?

I've never been told anything and I do some drills that require 2-3 quick shots. I have watched the ROs talk to people for doing mag dumps and stuff like that.

However in the rules it does state "no rapid fire".

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    My experience with the range has been you can get different answers to the same question on separate trips, so always ask first.

My only complaint is the lack of racks for long guns. I bring my own.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    I'm a member. it's $125 a year. Open Wed-Sun (Wed for members only). Rapid fire with rifles is usually not allowed, but I don't think they would say much about 2-3 quick shots from a pistol.

Wiruke

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2017
    cut off LA
    The wife and I have been going for a few weeks now. Haven't been to any others to compare to but it has what we need.

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk

homeslice

Be honest.
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    St. Charles Parish
    The nicest range in the immediate area of Raceland. A favorite of mine when coming from St. Charles Parish. $10 bucks to shoot all day, friendly knowledgeable staff (all run by Reservists). A nice long range area, good drainage, and nice covered areas for rifle. I also like how they have the rifle bays separated by timbers.

Mudbug00

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2017
    Schriever, LA
    I do like the Lafouche Range. Well kept, and opened when it's scheduled to be. The range officers are pretty adament about following their safety range rules and will stop you when you get out of line. But they are a very friendly and cooperative group when you behave yourself. LOL!

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 8, 2014
    Houma, LA
    Have you checked out the Southern Gun and Shooting Center in Thibodaux? Slightly more expensive, but a little nicer.

Top Bottom