Parish Issue CCW

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sig66

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2016
    NOLA Westbank
    FYI, I learned just the other day, that some parishes will issue a carry permit that is only valid in that parish. I was told that Jefferson Parish does in fact do this. Obviously, you'd have to be careful about your location, should you need to use it, since few people pay any attention to parish borders.

I called the JPSO division that does this, and left a message, but haven't got a response. I'm just curious what the process is, and how much it cost. I'll post that info when I get it, unless anyone has one, and can shed some light on it?

PECEMKR

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    NOLA
    old news , before there was a state ccw, usually just for shop owners , small town on northshore got introuble for handing them out like skittles

Sig66

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2016
    NOLA Westbank
    Considering the current wait time from the state, it may be worthwhile, if you just want to carry in your immediate area, depending on how easy the process is?

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    FYI, I learned just the other day, that some parishes will issue a carry permit that is only valid in that parish. I was told that Jefferson Parish does in fact do this. Obviously, you'd have to be careful about your location, should you need to use it, since few people pay any attention to parish borders.

I called the JPSO division that does this, and left a message, but haven't got a response. I'm just curious what the process is, and how much it cost. I'll post that info when I get it, unless anyone has one, and can shed some light on it?

You need to call Kaycee with the CHP section or go by the Sheriffs office in Harvey. If u are not a Jefferson Parish resident you are not eligible. New apps take a little time with fingerprint submission to Justice Dept. but renewals take about 2 weeks wait.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    old news , before there was a state ccw, usually just for shop owners , small town on northshore got introuble for handing them out like skittles

I have my Dads from the early-middle 70's also shows what guns he had at the time he would be using {not all he owned} and #'s on them

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Considering the current wait time from the state, it may be worthwhile, if you just want to carry in your immediate area, depending on how easy the process is?

It might be worth it to go ahead and get your La CHP it's doesn't take that long if you do it the way the online way. The JPSO permit is only good in JP and has to be renewed yearly. Would you happen to be a Veteran?

Top Bottom