Extended rail for Adams Arms piston AR

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Phil8404

⚡️FGT⚡️
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2016
    New Orleans, LA
    Hi,
    Looking for advice on a rail for my AR. I bought it used and it had one of those MOE hand guards on it. I'd like to find a rail (quad or otherwise) that will go the length of the barrel or close to it. Problem is the block in the middle of the barrel. Do I need to get a 3 piece rail? Do any of you awesome folks have any recommendations or one you'd like to sell or trade? Any help would be great, thanks!
    Phil IMG_4801.JPGIMG_4801.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

icetraxx

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2011
    Denham Springs
    Adams makes a new gas block that actually fits under some rails. It is the XLP. All you would need is the gas block everything else is the same as far as I can tell. I have the rifle length version of the kit on my AR and have been tossing the idea around for a while. I think the gas block runs $135 direct from adams.

Phil8404

⚡️FGT⚡️
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2016
    New Orleans, LA
    Adams makes a new gas block that actually fits under some rails. It is the XLP. All you would need is the gas block everything else is the same as far as I can tell. I have the rifle length version of the kit on my AR and have been tossing the idea around for a while. I think the gas block runs $135 direct from adams.

Phil8404

⚡️FGT⚡️
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2016
    New Orleans, LA

Thanks man! I'll definitely check it out. Appreciate the heads up, take it easy.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    I have the samson 9ex rail on my piston setup. It does go around the gas block, but ends level with it. I know samason make an extension, but I am not sure that is really a good choice.

Given the cost of long rails has dropped, it may be better to go with the low profile choice listed above and then buy an inexpensive 15 rail of some sort.

The low profile block was not available when I did the build...

Phil8404

⚡️FGT⚡️
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2016
    New Orleans, LA
    I have the samson 9ex rail on my piston setup. It does go around the gas block, but ends level with it. I know samason make an extension, but I am not sure that is really a good choice.

Given the cost of long rails has dropped, it may be better to go with the low profile choice listed above and then buy an inexpensive 15 rail of some sort.

The low profile block was not available when I did the build...

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I found that XLP low profile gas block from Adams Arms. Thanks for the advice dude.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Apple cider vinegarOTR
    Top Bottom