Trump's SCOTUS nomination

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    Since no one else posted it, I'll go for it... What's everybody think of this?

http://www.npr.org/2017/02/02/51289...-is-a-disciple-of-scalias-originalist-crusade

Antonin Scalia quotes:

The Constitution that I interpret and apply is not living but dead, or as I prefer to call it, enduring. It means today not what current society, much less the court, thinks it ought to mean, but what it meant when it was adopted.

"To remind us that legislators may appeal to their own moral convictions and to claims about social utility to reshape the law as they think it should be in the future. But that judges should do none of these things in a democratic society. That judges should instead strive (if humanly and so imperfectly) to apply the law as it is, focusing backward, not forward, and looking to text, structure, and history to decide what a reasonable reader at the time of the events in question would have understood the law to be— not to decide cases based on their own moral convictions or the policy consequences they believe might serve society best."

If Neil Gorsuch truly believes in these policies and will continue Scalia's campaign then we are in a good spot. If we can get a few more guys like him then we are looking into a bright future IMO! Let's move backwards!

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    There's going to be tremendous pushback on this guy . They do not want a conservative on that court , especially one that young .

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    So far I'm happy. And the fact he showed up for that angle flight Yesterday has me tasting shoe leather. Damn if it ain't ever tasted so good. :bowdown:

Top Bottom