I knew this was going to be a bad thing...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    In my opinion, the officers in the AS case acted professionally and within a reasonable fashion. (just wanted to clarify that with my previous statement)

I don't recall hearing a verbal command from the officer that shot the knife wielding (white) kid a few months ago, who was yet to attack anyone?

Everything she said today was in reference to AS... It's truly distasteful (what she said) IMO to try and discredit the officers in this case. "They" say Trump will divide us, but that's all she's really trying to do!

UnseenUSPCompact

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    I don't recall hearing a verbal command from the officer that shot the knife wielding (white) kid a few months ago, who was yet to attack anyone?

Everything she said today was in reference to AS... It's truly distasteful (what she said) IMO to try and discredit the officers in this case. "They" say Trump will divide us, but that's all she's really trying to do!

Sure, Im not a fan of hers at all. Im questioning why on any planet these policies didn't already exist. Not having this in place sets BRPD up for somebody like her to come in and take advantage of the situation.

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    Sure, Im not a fan of hers at all. Im questioning why on any planet these policies didn't already exist. Not having this in place sets BRPD up for somebody like her to come in and take advantage of the situation.

great question

I don't doubt they are and she is just grand standing, at the very least I hope it is covered in standard training if it's not official written policy. I don't think disengaging an agitated armed assailant is a good policy... That just sounds dumb to me.

UnseenUSPCompact

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    I don't doubt they are and she is just grand standing, at the very least I hope it is covered in standard training if it's not official written policy. I don't think disengaging an agitated armed assailant is a good policy... That just sounds dumb to me.

There is a big difference in disengaging a situation and deescalating a situation. She is absolutely grandstanding, I agree. The major reason for my post was to address the posts on this site and other sites that act like these policies are gonna directly put police is coffins. That is idiotic and the alt right is just as bad as the far left at not even reading and/or understanding a topic. Im just exhausted from both sides playing that game.

Last edited:

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I can only get a few comments deep on FB before I have to quit reading them... And some think the drama here is bad!

Facebook put me in jail for 24 hours. I can read but can't post. I told a guy to jump off the bridge for all his anti LE stuff. I guess I get out tomorrow

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    I'll be calling a vinyl guy that I know maybe he can make some warning labels for my truck.

"If you attempt to rob this guy he will do his level best to stop any violent felonies from occurring which may include but not limited to 15rounds of hornady 147grain 9mm ammunition to the upper abdomen and chest cavity".

Surely my attorneys would be proud. :doh:

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    There is a big difference in disengaging a situation and deescalating a situation. She is absolutely grandstanding, I agree. The major reason for my post was to address the posts on this site and other sites that act like these policies are gonna directly put police is coffins. That is idiotic and the alt right is just as bad as the far left at not even reading and/or understanding a topic. Im just exhausted from both sides playing that game.

You and I think too much alike. I just can't help but cringe at the fact that "grown ups" in America need to be warned before escalation of force in physical confrontations. It amazes me that such a concept could be foreign to people of even a minimal level of cognitive function.

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    Facebook put me in jail for 24 hours. I can read but can't post. I told a guy to jump off the bridge for all his anti LE stuff. I guess I get out tomorrow

LMAO! I'd be booted for sure if I started commenting on the news sites!

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    INITIAL DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer, nor am I a City Attorney, Paralegal, nor do I play one on TV! Just my $.02!

These are the two that I find to be the worst, and I will explain why:

- Officers are required to de-escalate situations when possible before using force. De-escalation strategies include: disengagement, area containment, waiting out a subject, summoning re-enforcements, calling in specialized units, or other strategies.

No ****, officers try to de-escalate all the time. The problem with this, and encoding it into a policy, is the additional Monday morning quarterbacking that it invites with overly broad parameters. It leads closer and closer to all the "just shoot him in the leg" crap. "Why didn't they just tase him?" now gets changed to "Aren't they required by policy to try and tase him first?" To those who know and understand use of force, it's a no brainer, but to all the numbnuts on the street that don't, it becomes one more misunderstood but oft-repeated mantra, kind of like "Your car is an extension of your home."

- Officers will be required to intervene to prevent another officer from using excessive force and to immediately report they observed the use of excessive force by another officer.

This one will catch up guys who didn't do anything wrong. If a cop watches from the sideline while another cop abuses a prisoner or citizen, that's one thing, and not acting in that situation deserves sanction. However, where this has a potential to cause problems is in the thick of the fight. In the midst of a "polyester pile," it's nearly impossible to be fully aware of what every other officer is doing. Officers have individual perspectives of what is taking place, are focusing on the limb they're holding onto or fighting for control of, or half-grabbing and half-fending off other parties, trying to grab cuffs, holster weapons, key radio mics, or any number of other tasks. If a claim of unreasonable force is levied, the cries for "all those officers involved" to be fired then leads to pressure for at least administrative/civil sanctions on the officer who was holding onto a kicking leg while not seeing another officer eye-gouge the resisting perp. One officer usually ends up writing the use of force report, but he can't possibly know every moment of the incident from the perspective of every officer involved.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    This whole exercise is nothing but politics . She's fulfilling a campaign promise to the people of the hood that supported her . The AS situation came at the right time and she was smart enough to capitalize on it . Remember , this old girl has been around for a long time and knows how to play the game .

RM Holsters

Aware
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Will she be able to find any new police officers to recruit? I can't imagine working for this person and having to be vilified for every decision I made in a split second trying to keep law and order in a lawless community and still go home to my family. It seems that the LEO's have no one with enough stroke will back them.

Top Bottom