I knew this was going to be a bad thing...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    http://www.wbrz.com/news/broome-rol...ium=social&utm_source=facebook_WBRZ_Channel_2

- Officers are required to give a verbal warning before using deadly force except where there are extingent circumstances.

- Officers are required to de-escalate situations when possible before using force. De-escalation strategies include: disengagement, area containment, waiting out a subject, summoning re-enforcements, calling in specialized units, or other strategies.

- Officers will not employ choke holds or strangleholds except in emergency circumstances where it is immediately necessary to use deadly force and the authorized weapons are inoperable, not accessible or not available.

- Officers are prohibited from discharging a firearm at a moving vehicle unless the vehicle or the passengers pose an immediate deadly threat to others.

- Officers will be required to intervene to prevent another officer from using excessive force and to immediately report they observed the use of excessive force by another officer.

At least she wasn't wearing her bloody shirt... I feel sorry for you BRPD guys that have to deal with this woman. She's going to be after y'all like crazy.

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    LOL! Yeah, I'm pretty sure they do... In the AS incident I'm pretty sure they did all these things. She just wants to refuse to see it. I heard a ton of verbal commands that were ignored before they got physical!

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    MEM commented on the article.

Mark edward marchiafava • 18 hours ago
    Fact: cops have NO constitutional or statutory duty to protect anyone.
    Why continue to finance this false sense of security which is, in reality, a police state?
    • Reply•Share ›

Don't you miss him?????

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    I can only get a few comments deep on FB before I have to quit reading them... And some think the drama here is bad!

Last edited:

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Warning labels the ruination of this country. If you have to be told if you fight a cop and try to pull your gun, that he may shoot you. Then you are the human equivalent of a 5 year old cow horn spike, and we don't need you breeding with any more does.

I'm sure some moron will read this and say "but whitebread you are very vocal about individual liberty and one of the things wrong with this country is we accept stupid laws." To that person, stop reading warning labels because you a too slow to grasp the difference.

Sorry that was rude there's a big difference and I am at this time unwilling to explain.

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    Nah , she's going to fix that problem by throwing money at it and encouraging outside investment .

I know, let's not face the true problem head on, but beat around the bush and make matters worse by not addressing the true issue. We needed Bodi, Things will only get worse under her reign.

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    Warning labels the ruination of this country. If you have to be told if you fight a cop and try to pull your gun, that he may shoot you. Then you are the human equivalent of a 5 year old cow horn spike, and we don't need you breeding with any more does.

I'm sure some moron will read this and say "but whitebread you are very vocal about individual liberty and one of the things wrong with this country is we accept stupid laws." To that person, stop reading warning labels because you a too slow to grasp the difference.

The sad part is that his kids have only been indoctrinated that the authorities are to blame for the death of their father, and will probably be worse than he was, or at least be advocates for violence against cops.

As far as personal liberties go... I think we all know my stance on harsher penalties and capital punishment for rapists, violent offenders and murderers.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I can only get a few comments deep on FB before I have to quit reading them... And some think the drama here is bad!

I think you should volunteer to be a facebook moderator

UnseenUSPCompact

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    I don't particularly like the mayor and I don't think this should of had to be said because in actuality, ANY police agency that actually cared about being a morally justifiable and "good" police department would already have these policies in place. Lets walk through them.

- Officers are required to give a verbal warning before using deadly force except where there are extingent circumstances.

This means if a man has a knife they can't just jump out of the car and shoot the guy unless he/she is actively stabbing somebody or charging an officer. Was this NOT already policy? If ANYBODY's life is in danger the officer has the option of lethal force. No NEW danger to the officer has been created.

- Officers are required to de-escalate situations when possible before using force. De-escalation strategies include: disengagement, area containment, waiting out a subject, summoning re-enforcements, calling in specialized units, or other strategies.

Why wouldn't this ALREADY be policy? Why on earth wouldn't you want to de-escalate ANY situation nomatter the severity? If anything de-escalating a situation would in theory make the officers and public safer. No NEW danger to the officer has been created.

- Officers will not employ choke holds or strangleholds except in emergency circumstances where it is immediately necessary to use deadly force and the authorized weapons are inoperable, not accessible or not available.

This does not take away any actions the officer would need to use in a life or death situation. It simply means don't choke out a 15 year old shoplifter at Walmart or a fat guy selling lose cigarettes. If the guy is attacking you or somebody else and a life threatening situation is present, CHOKE HIS A$$ OUT! No NEW danger to the officer has been created.

- Officers are prohibited from discharging a firearm at a moving vehicle unless the vehicle or the passengers pose an immediate deadly threat to others.

I wonder why it wouldn't be a great idea to shoot at moving targets in highly populated areas without knowing the contents of a vehicle *sarcasm* unless there is a direct threat to life from that vehicle. Why isn't this already policy? No NEW danger to the officer has been created.

- Officers will be required to intervene to prevent another officer from using excessive force and to immediately report they observed the use of excessive force by another officer.

If an officer is being a douchebag and doing unlawful things then other officers should feel the need to protect the public from this person. Why is this not already policy? No NEW danger to the officer has been created.

We can talk about politics and how much this release plays a part in those politics, but at the end of the day don't sit here and act like police lives are on the line from these policies. If you are an officer and using deadly force outside of these policies then you prob shouldn't be a police officer. Half the problems with this country and political system is we cant get away from the team mentality and whatever the "other side" does will always be wrong even when its logical.

Last edited:

UnseenUSPCompact

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    LOL! Yeah, I'm pretty sure they do... In the AS incident I'm pretty sure they did all these things. She just wants to refuse to see it. I heard a ton of verbal commands that were ignored before they got physical!

In my opinion, the officers in the AS case acted professionally and within a reasonable fashion. (just wanted to clarify that with my previous statement)

Top Bottom