federal flite control 00 buck low recoil or full power?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sloppy joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    i tested both. at 50 yards the low recoil grouped a bit tighter than the full power. the low recoil put all buckshot well within the standard poster board. the full power had one buckshot miss the board and much bigger spread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pIuUrjUIyQ&list=PL0k8IScA_ejyYxDVQSxIdjyQMJyAcs8kv&index=18

that video shows full power buck penetrating about 2 inches more landing at 16". low recoil lands at 14".

this is for shtf yard work. which flite control would you pick?

**i have rifle options but have neighbors**

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    i tested both. at 50 yards the low recoil grouped a bit tighter than the full power. the low recoil put all buckshot well within the standard poster board. the full power had one buckshot miss the board and much bigger spread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pIuUrjUIyQ&list=PL0k8IScA_ejyYxDVQSxIdjyQMJyAcs8kv&index=18

that video shows full power buck penetrating about 2 inches more landing at 16". low recoil lands at 14".

this is for shtf yard work. which flite control would you pick?

**i have rifle options but have neighbors**

I have tested all of the FC loadings from my shotguns, and the #1 FC seems to work best for tightness of patterns. YMMV for sure. I'd use whatever grouped the tightest AND had the least fliers.

nugsy714

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2018
    US
    Supposedly the low recoil stuff is more lethal because it transfers more of the energy of The Buckshot to the Target vs blasting straight through it your mileage may vary :-)

Top Bottom