New sailor on the 7 seas

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Labeeman

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Hanging out with my son near Chicago today. He graduated from Navy boot camp this morning. He is doing great and was only 1 of 8 that got promoted early in a division with 80 people. He volunteered for a second job during boot camp which consisted of checking the weapons in and out for guard duty. For most of boot camp he had to wake up every 2 hours throughout the night to check the weapons in and out. This was on top of his job doing laundry til 9-10 every night. He ships out to submarine school in the morning. No rest for this sailor for damn sure. I am one proud Dad today.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Thank him for serving.

usmc-nav

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Congratulations to both your son and yourself. To him for serving, especially submarine duty, and to you for raising a fine son. Fair winds and following seas.

cajun 22

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Houma, LA
    Congrats. It's nice to see your efforts in raising your child produce such great results and that they were worth the effort. I'll share your proud moment as my son just received his masters degree by the age of 24.

Great work Allen and thank your son for his service. I think he is in at a time that he will be appreciated more than the last leader of the military.

Labeeman

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Thanks for everyone's kind words for my son. I've tried to do right by my kids as they were growing up. My kids had way more than me growing up , but I tried not to spoil them. I always let them know that what we provided them came from hard work from me and my wife and that some day they would have to carry their own weight. We gave them lots of love and they knew we had there back, but we also made them realize that you are responsible for what you do and must always be a productive citizen in the community. We are not the perfect Beaver Clever family as we have had our fair share of heart aches, failures and disappointments, but we have always survived them and moved forward. I also taught them to be kind to everyone and especially the people who have no hope, love or the physical things they need to get through just one day of living. I also taught them that people who can work should work and that a lot of the people who bitch about not having a job don't have one because of the stupid things they do on a daily basis. Hardcwork and a can do attitude will carry you a long way. Again thanks for the kind words and I'll pass them on to my son.

Top Bottom