FRC Range

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CavOfficer108

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2017
    Baton Rouge
    Has anyone been to he FRC Range in BR? It's a really nice range, very clean, looks kind of like a country club. The staff is way nicer than precision. Ask to see the shoot house if you go in. They have a two story shoot house they do Force on Force classes in for not a bad price.

Jasarii

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Walker, LA
    Have been meaning to go out there, but just have not yet. I heard it's a nice place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    It's in BR over off of Monteray @ Chocktaw. I was there yesterday and was very thoroughly impressed. The staff were incredibly attentive and they require everyone watch a very well put together safety video before being able to shoot. I won't be going to Precision any more after going to FCR. If anyone knows the owner, please send me his contact info. I'd like to reach out to him.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Though I'm sure it's a nice range, it seems interesting that you joined the site and this is your first post. Do you have any affiliation to the range?

dk.easterly

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Clinton, LA
    It's in BR over off of Monteray @ Chocktaw. I was there yesterday and was very thoroughly impressed. The staff were incredibly attentive and they require everyone watch a very well put together safety video before being able to shoot. I won't be going to Precision any more after going to FCR. If anyone knows the owner, please send me his contact info. I'd like to reach out to him.

If I'm not mistaken, the owner was posting here a while back. Asking and answering questions.

toddmtnbkr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'm a Silver member out there and I highly recommend this range too. I met Eric E. Bertolet (Chief Range Safety Officer - Range Master) a few weeks ago and he hooked me up with a free, abbreviated private lesson...and taught me some really cool drills to practice.
    They have a lounge to hang out in if you want a little break from the firing line...
    The shoot house is incredible.
    Force on Force training ($250 for 5 hours).
    Super clean and safe range.
    Hyper attentive range safety officers always on deck.
    They allow holster work from the line (after some close review from RSO).
    They have allowed me to go down range when I was there solo to work on moving and shooting drills.
    The air handler in that place is phenomial.
    8 lanes, with 8 more planned.
    Nice, automated target controller.
    Lots of other training available there.
    RSOs are quite knowledgeable and willing to offer help suggestions on technique etc.

991GT3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

I go every other week; sometimes weekly. It's a very nice place to shoot. They allow you to draw from a holster after they observe you to insure you're safe. There are two real shooters that work there - one an ex-Marine Sniper and the other an ex-BRPD SWAT officer. Actually, there is a third - another ex-LE guy.

Not much to sell so don't go there looking to see much there. Go to shoot and you will be very pleased.

mineralman55

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Northshore
    I went to the FRC range yesterday for the first time. WOW! What a great place. Clean, spacious, well run. The people running it were courteous and knowledgable. After a 10 minute intro/safety video which is (un)common sense but is specifically geared to their range we paid for our lanes, got another orientation to the equipment on the lanes, had the safety aspects stressed again, and went in. Seven modern bays, extremely well lit, ventilation was great. Spent about a 90 minutes there. Bottom line I'd go back again no question. The only down side is that it is over an hour drive for me, but the facilities were so good it's worth it.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Sweet , while I enjoy the relaxing atmosphere of sherburne it'd be nice to just drive to Choctaw to shoot !

You should come on the 26th then!

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Went to the range today. Must say, very professional. Super clean, great ventilation and nice staff. No complaints at all. I don't go to br often, but I'll visit there when I do.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I drove to BR from Walker to shoot today and could not find the range. I was told on Choctaw near Sherwood.

Jarhead767

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Best range in town! Very helpful and professional. I've even had smooth transactions there ... FFL fee is only $30.00.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    John1994
    Top Bottom