Walther America is good people

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Bought a broken P-22 last month for $100. Guy said the hammer felt very weak and wouldn't drop when he pulled the trigger. I tore it down and found that the hammer spring was indeed broken. So, I start looking online for the part, waded through the S&W having lost the contract to Walther America now building and servicing these pistols here in the states and finally give them a call.
    Guy tells me they will gladly send me the part free of charge or send me a shipping label and fix it for free. Well dang, lemme get this puppy reassembled and boxed up then..

522f0864c6869d443b93396ac360ab7a.jpg

Fast forward to today, a cool 9 days later, the FedEx ninja comes to my door, package in hand, asking for my signature.
    c483152704ae4a91a21689c373a33b88.jpg

This is how Walther America fixes a hammer spring? Look closer. That's a brand new P-22 packed neatly in my old box, with a bunch of extras thrown in.
    And a spare mag!

Talk about honoring their warranty.

Only question I have is how they can ship a new gun with a different serial number without going through a FFL.

But I don't really care, do I.

Oh yeah, one last thing...
    Anybody got a broke Walther they wanna sell cheap?

Last edited:

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Bought a broken P-22 last month for $100. Guy said the hammer felt very weak and wouldn't drop when he pulled the trigger. I tore it down and found that the hammer spring was indeed broken. So, I start looking online for the part, waded through the S&W having lost the contract to Walther America now building and servicing these pistols here in the states and finally give them a call.
    Guy tells me they will gladly send me the part free of charge or send me a shipping label and fix it for free. Well dang, lemme get this puppy reassembled and boxed up then..

522f0864c6869d443b93396ac360ab7a.jpg

Fast forward to today, a cool 9 days later, the FedEx ninja comes to my door, package in hand, asking for my signature.
    c483152704ae4a91a21689c373a33b88.jpg

This is how Walther America fixes a hammer spring? Look closer. That's a brand new P-22 packed neatly in my old box, with a bunch of extras thrown in.
    And a spare mag!

Talk about honoring their warranty.

Only question I have is how they can ship a new gun with a different serial number without going through a FFL.

But I don't really care, do I.

Oh yeah, one last thing...
    Anybody got a broke Walther they wanna sell cheap?

Pretty good deal.....buuuut how did they legally send you a brand new P22? If the serial is not the same as the original that you sent off then it should have went to a FFL because it would constitute a new transfer. OR are you an FFL? lol.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Pretty good deal.....buuuut how did they legally send you a brand new P22? If the serial is not the same as the original that you sent off then it should have went to a FFL because it would constitute a new transfer. OR are you an FFL? lol.
    Funny you should ask that question, as I asked it here myself. Not sure how the laws apply in this situation, but this is not the only time a firearms company has sent me a "replacement". Ruger did it for me a while back, right to the house. I simply had to sign for the package. Perhaps since it is a swap and them honoring their warranty it is allowed. I do not know.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I have a p22 that's old as hell and can use a once over. I wonder what would happen if I call about this jammomatic

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I have a p22 that's old as hell and can use a once over. I wonder what would happen if I call about this jammomatic

Here ya go noob

24fa5a67120d75f554e8bc1aefcf9cae.jpg

Give them a call on the 800 number and tell them what's up. They'll email a shipping label right then so u can drop that puppy off at the FedEx hub on coursey. Turnover for them is 48 hours. The guy was nothing but nice. He said they only have the gun a maximum 48 hours before they ship back. I'm wondering now if maybe they were backed up and found it more efficient to just send me a new pistol.

bryanbag

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Prairieville, LA
    Thats great that Walther took care of you. I've nothing but great service with S&W/Walther.
    I hate to say go to another site but
    Check out rimfirecentral.com (Walther section) this is the go to place anything & everything you need to know for the P22.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Thats great that Walther took care of you. I've nothing but great service with S&W/Walther.
    I hate to say go to another site but
    Check out rimfirecentral.com (Walther section) this is the go to place anything & everything you need to know for the P22.
    Good to know Brian. So far I've been buying my mags and thread adapters at Keepshooting.com, but with a ever growing P-22 collection I will check them out.

17715a26c668f6b3240bb25407679583.jpg

Last edited:

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    Can't ship guns out of state without an FFL unless it's being shipped to or from a gunsmith from what I understand. And I guess it's coming out of their gunsmith shop. Marlin has done it for allot of people since Remington bought them as their rifles are junk now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    But does that mean that the manufacturer can only send the "original, aka same serial" firearm back to the individual?

Apparently not.
    I gotta go with John on the common sense part. I just don't see a major firearms company risking trouble from the Feds over satisfying a warranty. And I've had Ruger and Mossberg do the same thing in the past

Last edited:

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Apparently not.
    I gotta go with John on the common sense part. I just don't see a major firearms company risking trouble from the Feds over satisfying a warranty. And I've had Ruger and Mossberg do the same thing in the past

Im all about it! At work Ive had numerous guns come in for transfer as a result of replacement instead of service from manufacturers. Ive had to do a 4473 on said guns because they are "new " guns being transferred.

Last edited:

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Talking about service. I called, they picked up within a couple rings, And told them about my p22 issue. Immediately he says what's your email, we will send you a shipping label and send it back to us, and we will get it back out to you.

Top Bottom