Advice needed on purchasing a picatinny rail for a Savage Model 116 Weather Warrior

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Labeeman

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I have the above mentioned rifle (.270) with a Burris Fullfield 3x9 scope that is mounted in DNZ rings. I cannot get the scope far enough back so I'm wanting to put a picatinny rail on the gun and get some new rings so I can move it far enough back to obtain the right view. I did some homework and there are lots of people who had the same problem I am having with the same type rifle and they went the route I want to take. There are numerous companies that make the rail I need, but I am perplexed on the verbiage that is associated with the picatinny rails such as a 20 MOA rail. I know this has something to do with long range shooting so you don't run out of adjustmentbut, but for me and where I hunt a 100-200 yard shot is all I will be making. In a nutshell what rail do I need?

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    You need a regular, flat (0 MOA) pic rail. Give us a call tomorrow or come by the shop, optics and mounts are kind of our specialty. Our optics nerds will make it easy and get you squared away.

(985) 340-2988

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pyreaux

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 5, 2009
    BRLA
    0 moa should get you done. Keep in mind the rail raises your scope a bit and ring height and position can affect how well the scope bell and ocular will clear the barrel and bolt.
    A few rail producers: EGW, badger ordnance, seekins precision , and near mfg. For what it's worth I've had a bit of interaction with seekins, egg, and near mfg all were quick to answer questions and very helpful.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    CajunMinuteman1812
    Top Bottom