New Member from Baton Rouge

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RobertinBR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2017
    Baton Rouge
    Hi all!

My name is Robert and I'm a new member from Baton Rouge. I'm a Marine veteran ('79-'92) and during part of that time, I was a competitive shooter on the Parris Island Shooting Team and a Marksmanship Instructor (8531). I retired from teaching Jujutsu and Judo here in Baton Rouge several years ago due to four decades of bodily abuse, and now I am into competitive dog obedience and other dog related sports. I recently got off my butt and back to the range, and have applied for my concealed handgun permit. I'm looking forward to meeting other shooting enthusiasts here locally, seeking advice when needed, and would be interested in continued firearms training since I know that CCW classes are just the beginning.

Anyway, that's it about me! Thanks, and look forward to meeting more of you around the forums.

wcweir3

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Gonzales, LA
    Thank you for your long time service and Welcome aboard from the Swamp
    Maurepas, LA
    Wingate

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Welcome to Bayou Shooter & thanks for the service to your country.
    If you would like to start competing with your firearms, we have several different venues you can look into.
    You can send me a PM and I can give you more information if you would like it.

Beauxdog

RobertinBR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2017
    Baton Rouge
    Thanks Beauxdog! I would definitely love to learn more, but I've already got one expensive hobby! The dog competition thing is not for those who care to retain their money. :) Kinda like guns!

My past competition was with the NRA High Power Rifle and Precision Pistol, but I'm open to learning about other types of competition in the area. Who knows, maybe I'll eventually switch my money hole to something different. :)

Welcome to Bayou Shooter & thanks for the service to your country.
    If you would like to start competing with your firearms, we have several different venues you can look into.
    You can send me a PM and I can give you more information if you would like it.

Beauxdog

Marlin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2015
    Baton Rouge
    Welcome aboard, and thanks for your service!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom