Great news guys and gals

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I've been sharing with a few fellow shooters what I'm discovering as of late and wanna back it up with a few sources and the plea for all to use good sense. I make it my business to stay in the know about the current and potential future status of firearms and ammunition and most everything between. I profited greatly during the Clinton days and restocked during the Bush years. Did well again after Obammy went into office. I shared my knowledge and beliefs during all that time and was often scoffed at or ignored.
    I'm sure many of you here already know where things are going with gun and ammo prices and what not. You guys can go to the next thread now.
    But for you hopefuls, uncertains and nay sayers, I'll leave just a little of the info I've seen lately. I don't have all the articles and stats I've read lately, but this will get you started.
    Just days ago a rep from Federal was heard saying ammo sales (retail) have fallen 46% in the few short weeks since Trump took office and "falling too fast to figure", also citing that major retailers that they supply directly have been canceling orders that were to be filled over the next several weeks. This was verbage I was privy to and know I can take for the gospel.
    Below are just a few articles that will substantiate this post.

Whatever ammo or guns that you are in the mood to buy this year, maybe give it just a little while and save your money. Look at the current situation. Walk into any gun shop or sporting goods store and look at the shelves. Wait and watch the prices fall. Retailers won't hold inventory that is not selling. They drop the price and move it for what the market will pay. Economics 101. Chew on that and smile a while today.

http://www.ammoland.com/2014/06/a-crash-in-ammunition-prices-is-coming/#axzz4Y6zKHIpq

http://money.cnn.com/2017/02/03/news/companies/trump-gun-ammo-sales/index.html

http://www.myfoxzone.com/mb/money/ammo-sales-are-down/396759145

Last edited:

bowhtr1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2016
    US
    Your to late.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Bmash

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    Zachary, LA
    Is that a mysterious way to say that you have more insight and would like to share your thoughts?
    He MAY be saying he already bought like many people that expected Hillary to win.
    Although not in the know, I agree with Magdump, and also think you can get some great deals from individuals that panic bought.
    Personally I am well stocked based on Bill getting elected!

bowhtr1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2016
    US
    No I didn't buy any. I thought Trump would win. No insight just saw what they did after election day. No money to be made there for now. If you want long term buy now and wait 4 year's.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    what he's saying is that he thinks with a pro gun president the pressure to buy guns and ammo will fall, along with the stock prices. Buy stock in a few months. the next time we loose the white house or congress prices will jump and you can sell and make money. It seems sound to me but like anything in the market its gambling...
    OTOH, I wouldn't mind buying a few shares of whoever is going to get into suppressors if the safe hearing act goes through.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    The first link is 3 years old. Not sure if that was intended. Now if only I understood investments, specifically shorts.

Here's a quick lesson:

1) Buy a stock that you think the value of will go up.
    2) Buy a stock that you think will pay consistent dividends into perpetuity.
    3) Buy a stock that you think will do both.

Buy and keep the above stock.

If you think the stock is going to go down, some people short it or take out options against it. This is a way to make money when you think it will go down. Keep in mind it is incredibly risky and easy to lose lots over.

Note, this is not financial advice, just information on how stock trading works. See investopedia for more information. It's a good subject to learn about.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Its a bit late for a play on american firearms stocks, ruger and S&W. They nose dived the day AFTER the POTUS election. The action was the week of 7 Nov 2016. Ur a bit late on this.
    I shorted RGR 3 Nov 2016 :)

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Its a bit late for a play on american firearms stocks, ruger and S&W. They nose dived the day AFTER the POTUS election. The action was the week of 7 Nov 2016. Ur a bit late on this.
    I shorted RGR 3 Nov 2016 :)

I wish! What trading platform do you use?

bowhtr1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2016
    US
    I really like active trader pro. The only problem is I have to set it up on every computer I use. I have two at work and one at home. Any changes and I need to change them all.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I really like active trader pro. The only problem is I have to set it up on every computer I use. I have two at work and one at home. Any changes and I need to change them all.

I'm with you, Active Trader Pro is an amazing tool. I have been really pleased with Fidelity for 20 plus years.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markvix
    Top Bottom