Cracklins

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Anyone know of any good cracklins around Baton Rouge? I haven't had good ones for awhile, and they are included in my diet.

--Sent from my Galaxy S6

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    From time to time, I go to the Lousiana Cajun Seafood, on Coursey. They have pretty good cracklins that come in a ziploc bag.

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    192   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    Anyone know of any good cracklins around Baton Rouge? I haven't had good ones for awhile, and they are included in my diet.

--Sent from my Galaxy S6

Uhhhhh cracklings or skins included in your diet???

Jerry Lee's on greenwell springs has fantastic skins.

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I remember I used to get them from a gas station that had them in a greasy brown bag, but idk where. I want the absolute best ones. Any ideas?

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    The ABSOLUTE best cracklins are in scott Louisiana at a place called "the best stop". Better than Don's, better than Billy's, and better than the places that sell them in ziploc bags.

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    The ABSOLUTE best cracklins are in scott Louisiana at a place called "the best stop". Better than Don's, better than Billy's, and better than the places that sell them in ziploc bags.

Thats BS! The best stop puts too much seasoning on their cracklins and are not original! Billy's are better because they are closer to true Cajun cracklins and even better than their's are the ones from M&S Grocery on the corner of Lousisiana and Alexandra street in Lafayette! That is true down to earth good Cajun cracklins! All the rest are wanna bes!

Last edited:

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Thats BS! The best stop puts too much seasoning on their cracklins and are not original! Billy's are better because they are closer to true Cajun cracklins and even better than their's are the ones from M&S Grocery on the corner of Lousisiana and Alexandra street in Lafayette! That is true down to earth good Cajun cracklins! All the rest are wanna bes!

I'm going to have to disagree. I've had them all between those 3 stores, and the best stop was better. The seasoning is one of the best reasons to get the best stop cracklings. But it's also cooked properly, with the right amount of skin, fat, meat. Where as Billies skin is tough as heck and has too much meat that tastes dehydrated/overcooked. Don's just sucks when it comes to cracklins.

Also the smoked boudin at the best stop is great also.

George

Don't tase me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Denham springs
    Ronnies on florida, by old broadmoor theater. While you're there get some smoked boudin and a boudin eggroll!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

hkump

Rating - 100%
    314   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Covington, LA

I agree. I've tried all of them and "The Best Stop" is hands down the best. I buy the cracklins and the 10 pounds of their boudin. I've gotta say their boudin is pretty damn good too.

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    I'm going to have to disagree. I've had them all between those 3 stores, and the best stop was better. The seasoning is one of the best reasons to get the best stop cracklings. But it's also cooked properly, with the right amount of skin, fat, meat. Where as Billies skin is tough as heck and has too much meat that tastes dehydrated/overcooked. Don's just sucks when it comes to cracklins.

Also the smoked boudin at the best stop is great also.

The seasoning from the best stop is too much red pepper and not original to the true cajun way of cooking cracklins! I take it that you dont know how true cajun cracklins like we used to make them in my younger days! We still make them that way these days for our own consumption. The closest made from any store this day comes from M&S Grocery and the next closest is Billy's. All the others are far off the "original" cajun proceedure and that includes the best stop who does not fit the bill!

Last edited:

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    A few years ago, a coworkers dad, cant rember his name from Rayne, LA made some of the some of the best "homemade" cajun cracklins ever made before he passed away. They were great and had a small taste of vinegar to them! Done right if you are a cajun!

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Think Danny has it right, Bergeron's on Hwy 415 in Port Allen.
    It's just my humble opinion.
    Hey RSC, it's not gross, it part of being Cajun.

Beauxdog

dad-e-o

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 19, 2014
    Ponchatoula
    It is a little drive from Baton Rouge but when I am on the west side of the river, I stop at Poche's in Breaux Bridge. Good head cheese too.

jlee

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 29, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA

--Sent from my Galaxy S6

Stop at Beausoleil for lunch at the bar and you can get great cracklins for free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    greywolf15
    Top Bottom