Reloading?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddmtnbkr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Thinking of getting a progressive press.

Going to reloading 9mm and 5.56 for now, mainly 9mm.

Never done this before and want to make sure I get a quality press, but don't need top of the line stuff.

Thoughts on Hornady LockNload AP progressive?

Also see (for much less $) the Lee...but concerned with you "get what you pay for" on that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    I've got 2 hornadys. No issues and they stand behind the product if you do have them.

Someone was selling a complete setup in the classifieds at a reasonable price a few days ago. If you're going to do much volume hornady or that blue one is the way to go.

Lee has some decent single stage stuff cheep but their progressives feel really cheap when working them and can take some tinkering.

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Louisiana Gun is a Stocking Dealer for Dillon Reloading machines. If you want the best Progressive reloader, than you need to check out the Dillon Machines. There is a reason the over 90% of the folks that shoot USPSA use Dillon machines. Stop by the store at 12728 Jefferson Hwy. an lets talk about these machines. We also have the largest supply of powder & primers around.

Bryan

Tx_oil

Tx_oil
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Youngsville
    I have owned a Hornady Lock n' Load progressive setup for 7 years now, and once you have learned the protocol and set the unit up correctly, it is a beast. If I were shooting 1K/week I would have gone with Dillon 650,--the interchangeable tool head die system makes for more rapid caliber change-- but for my needs (hobbyist) the Hornady has been flawless. If you will be reloading only one caliber exclusively, then the Dillon Square Deal B is something you should investigate. IMHO, stay away from RCBS or Lee progressive units, as they do not seem as robust. Best of luck!

Tigerfish

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Prairieville, La
    Had a Lee Progressive. HATED IT!!! More trouble than it was worth.

Went to se Bryan at Louisiana Reloading and picked up a Dillon 550...best money I've ever spent towards ammo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    Louisiana Gun is a Stocking Dealer for Dillon Reloading machines. If you want the best Progressive reloader, than you need to check out the Dillon Machines. There is a reason the over 90% of the folks that shoot USPSA use Dillon machines. Stop by the store at 12728 Jefferson Hwy. an lets talk about these machines. We also have the largest supply of powder & primers around.

Bryan
    Like Bryan said, go check out the Dillon and he can explain a lot to you. The old saying "pay once, cry once" applies here. Dillon is lifetime and you won't be sorry.

RG43

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2016
    Covington, La
    I've seen videos of Dillon presses setup to run automated, looks like a mini munitions factory in your home. Really nice stuff. You know it's good stuff when you can set it up to run automated and it just plows through thousands of rounds of ammo with no problems.

Top Bottom