Who carries a front pocket wallet ?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    I love a slim front pocket wallet with a spring steel money clip. Trouble is I haven't found one to last. I just ripped my third, on average they have lasted 5 years. I've had 1 Fossil and 2 Duluth Trading. Id be willing to pay $3X for 3X longevity. Must have a spring steel money clip (hate magnetic clips), and 2-3 card slots. Here is what I'm replacing.
    3dd7cfa8aec1942d1d93283b695f24e4.png

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sent via telegraph with the same fingers I use to sip whiskey.

Mxav

Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Nov 25, 2011
    New Orleans
    cw25-flag-persp-home-feature.jpg

Hell bent holsters makes this one

Recycled firefighter makes this one with no money clip though.

SFRmfA3.jpg

Last edited:

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    I was looking at Alpine Swiss earlier, I kinda brushed it off because of the price. Might have to give it a try.
    Thanks

joshlg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Go check out the money clamp ( moneyclamp.com ) Been using the Geneva with the black leather wallet for at least ten years. Still holds everything tight.

bsoileau24

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Around ville platte
    I have been using a fossil wallet for about 10 years or so. The wife gave me a new one this year but it is to thick for my likes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

West

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2014
    Baton Rouge, louisiana
    It's not what you're looking for but I've been using a storus money clip for the last 7 years currently has nine cards and eleven bills. Still going strong.

bipolarbear

SevenGun
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    NOLA
    I carry a Trayvax Contour. No spring clip, but it has an adjustable strap to hold cash. I've been pretty happy with it so far.
    Trayvax-Contour-Gold-Black-Leather-Cash-2_grande.jpg

Slalom.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I've been using a silver money clip that my wife had monogrammed for my birthday for 20 years. Bills wrapped around a few cards. Having not used one of the wallet /clip combos is there a big advantage to them that I'm missing??

MD_Wells

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 24, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzLEDrx1H6g

Watching this video caused me to purchase this wallet. The access to 8 cards on the exterior is a plus. Primary pocket is sufficient for carrying several bills. I have had the wallet for just two weeks, but so far I love it. Material is not super thick, but it carries very well. You can order through their website. Other alternatives would be Saddleback Leather's front pocket wallet - will be much thicker and more durable.

Best,

Mark

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Ok, I'm prepared for the jokes, but I carry a leather bifold with the springclip that holds cash. I previously had two Hilfigers that each lasted maybe a year. Then I splurged on a Prada deerskin model. That one lasted about 5-6 years. I then replaced that one with a Gucci while in the Bahama's 3 years ago. That one still looks like it did the day I bought it. Finally an accurate representation of "you get what you pay for".

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    I'm going 2 years on an ainste small Evan. It barely shows signs of carry. Lasting quite well. Money stays put well under the rubber band.

2867c51db7ec92c69fc5b5806ec9f7a5.jpg

Last edited:

speedster

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I'm a big saddleback leather fan. I've got 3 of their wallets . They are a little pricy but age beautifully and have a 100 year warranty which is upheld by saddleback. Will try and post pictures later when I get home..

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    I certainly do wish there was a steel clip on the Saddleback (would have been my first choice by far) hell I'll probably end up buying one and putting a clip on myself.

gmshooter

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    328   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Gramercy La.
    I started carrying the recycled firefighter wallet last year. I can fit 8 credit cards and it has an elastic band that holds my money. the money has never came out or loose. I LOVE IT!!

Attachments

• wallet 1.jpg
      wallet 1.jpg
      136 KB · Views: 92
    • wallet.jpg
      wallet.jpg
      106 KB · Views: 111
    Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzLEDrx1H6g

Watching this video caused me to purchase this wallet. The access to 8 cards on the exterior is a plus. Primary pocket is sufficient for carrying several bills. I have had the wallet for just two weeks, but so far I love it. Material is not super thick, but it carries very well. You can order through their website. Other alternatives would be Saddleback Leather's front pocket wallet - will be much thicker and more durable.

Best,

Mark

Mark showed me this wallet after he got it, and I can vouch that it is good stuff. I still am a huge fan of the little bitty $10 dollar wallet I posted a link to earlier. I bought it as my "going out" wallet and carried a Tumi wallet everywhere else, but then I realized that tiny is better. Seriously, for ten bucks, you should give it a shot.

Top Bottom