Pig Hunt after stent.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tbone

Threadender
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Last week was a fun filled week. I went for an angiogram and wound up getting a stent and some new medicine. The doctor said resume normal activities so I went on a pig hunt on the deer lease 2 days after getting home.
    I put my wife on the tripod stand looking at the feeder and I went into the creek bottom to watch a creek crossing. I had just sat down and I heard Pow.
    I thought "alright she got one".
    Then I heard Pow and immediately thought she must have missed. Then pause, Pow, pause, Pow, pause, Pow. Then my radio crackled and she said "You need to get over here". I thought what the heck.
    When I arrived at the feeder there were 4 little pigs laying at all points of the compass and my wife was looking on the ground on the edge of the clearing. She said she thought the first one she shot went that way. I told her to stay there and went into the woods looking for a blood trail. (This is only here second year of hunting so I have her shooting behind the shoulder right now instead of the head shot on large animals.)
    While I was looking for here large pig I saw 2 or 3 little piglets running around in the pine straw and they were so small the pine straw would hide them. Then out of nowhere a large pig walked up at about 10 yards and I put it down. When I walked over to inspect it there was the big sow my wife had shot laying right there.
    She is shooting my old Ruger M77 .270 that holds 5 in the magazine and doesn't carry extra cartridges so 5 shots and 5 dead pigs. She said that after she shot the big pig 1 other large pig and 2 medium sized pigs split up and ran to either side of the clearing. The little pigs just stayed right there under the feeder and she picked them off with her remaining 4 shots.
    We decreased the pig population by 6 that day. After all season of only having pictures at night they showed up at daylight when we went in the woods late. I guess all of the acorns are gone or have soured and they are back on the corn now.

5e8mgkpiyzdkrmjjjivd.jpg

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    Austin, the next greet and meet is happening at tbone's place! You need to work out the date and time with him! :rofl:

tbone

Threadender
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Good job!! I hope the ones I've been feeding all deer season decide to start coming out during the day. How you cook the little ones?

Well, actually, these were the first little ones we have killed. And, I only salvaged one whole. The others didn't take that 130 gr. .270 bullet too well. I did manage to get a few little hams and shoulders but they are about as big as a homemade hamburger. The backstraps looked like clams.

Hoggin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2014
    Madisonville
    Nice take down!

It's always fun when a good 150-200#er pops up right in front of you. That'll get the blood boiling. Well done.

Two weeks till trapping season starts on NWR land. Whoop-whoop! Bout time to start laying out boxes, building corrals and setting snares again. Last year I had a 186# boar jump at me, my Springfield XDM .45 slid from the holster, trigger depressed and I hard "click" (instead of "bang"). Came out of it ok, but have upgraded the sidearm to Glock 10mm. Trapping put down weapon will be .22 magnum iron sight to the ear. Getting all worked up just thinking about it.

Top Bottom