Any millrights on this forum?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    So I have an interview with Cargill in Westwego, this Friday and an assessment test for a Entry level Millright Maintenance Mechanic position. All you regulars on here know I posted a couple weeks ago about trying to leave the automotive industry and better myself. I may have a shot at making it happen here. My question though is, Are there any Millrights in here that could give me an idea of what to expect of this "Assessment Test"?

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Should contain math and mechanical questions. Study rotating equipment as well as tools used in the trade. Millwrights install, level, do precision alignment, and rebuild mechanical equipment such as pumps, compressors, turbines, generators, gearboxes, robots, etc.

Labeeman

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Good luck on your interview. This is the first step in moving ahead. Project positivity in the interview and dress appropriately. Try the clothes on the day before and make sure it fits and looks right. Clean your shoes or boots. If you have a beard groom it, or if you are clean shaven make sure you do a good job shaving in the morning. I know these seem like very basic concepts but lots of people forget the small stuff. I've had the opportunity to interview 10-12 people over the last year and I always looked for people who were sure of themselves, but not cocky. Some people just couldn't sell themselves and lost out on the job because they presented themselves as super worker or just another run of the mill average person trying to score a job. I like people who can get along with others and who can talk to people in a professional manner when needed. I don't know how much you'll be talking to other people but you'll need to get along with others on your team. I'm not a milright, but I do have faith that you can do this job because you are a professional auto mechanic and it should not be hard to make the transition. If there are other applicants with mil right experience you will have to beat them out with your personality and your can do attitude. If they give you a chance to talk about yourself tell them why you are applying for the job. Any person who has worked hard, and you know the people interviewing you probably have, can identify with your drive and determination. Again, good luck and keep your chin up. If not this time there will be another. Let us know what happens.

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Good luck on your interview. This is the first step in moving ahead. Project positivity in the interview and dress appropriately. Try the clothes on the day before and make sure it fits and looks right. Clean your shoes or boots. If you have a beard groom it, or if you are clean shaven make sure you do a good job shaving in the morning. I know these seem like very basic concepts but lots of people forget the small stuff. I've had the opportunity to interview 10-12 people over the last year and I always looked for people who were sure of themselves, but not cocky. Some people just couldn't sell themselves and lost out on the job because they presented themselves as super worker or just another run of the mill average person trying to score a job. I like people who can get along with others and who can talk to people in a professional manner when needed. I don't know how much you'll be talking to other people but you'll need to get along with others on your team. I'm not a milright, but I do have faith that you can do this job because you are a professional auto mechanic and it should not be hard to make the transition. If there are other applicants with mil right experience you will have to beat them out with your personality and your can do attitude. If they give you a chance to talk about yourself tell them why you are applying for the job. Any person who has worked hard, and you know the people interviewing you probably have, can identify with your drive and determination. Again, good luck and keep your chin up. If not this time there will be another. Let us know what happens.
    will do. Thanks...

Top Bottom