Cz or variants/clones?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dmvu

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Jan 27, 2016
    New Orleans, LA.
    I am looking for my next handgun in 9mm. I'd like to try a cz or a clone/ variant of cz. Looking at cz PCR, p01, cz75D. Some variants I am interested in are IWI baby eagle, Springfield p9/p9c, itm at84, Sphinx at2000. Anyone have any clones that are better than the original one? Any other manufacturers/ models? Itm and Sphinx are Swiss made and are supposed to be very high quality. Springfield was fitted by Les baer back then. Just wanted to see what other members have or any input regarding cz and their variants/ clones or if it's worth trying out cz platform compared to SIG, HK, 1911s, etc.

Metryshooter

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    I have an EAA Witness in polymer I can't speak highly enough about. I've had it for close to twenty years and it's still a go-to pistol.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Send me a PM when you want to swing by Gretna Gun....I have a CZ Custom Shadow Target 1 and my gunsmith has a SP01. We are always looking to convert some over to the dark side!

Also we have a cz75 compact with manual safety available in house right now if you want to stop by and fingerbang it.

If youre looking for a low bore axis/ metal framed platform CZ and the HK P7 series are both good places to look. I have both if you want to see a side by side in person. Hell you can even shoot them if youd like.

aceinyerface

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Baton Rouge
    Tanfoglio Elite (marketed in the US as EAA Witness) series has won the last few USPSA Production nationals.

I happen to have a good deal on one in the classifieds at the moment.

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    Tanfoglio! I swear by these beautiful Italian firearms. CZ clones for half the price (if not less) and these guns are extremely accurate and reliable. You need a Tanfoglio! Trust me.

JoeLiberty

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    United States
    Love CZ stuff. They make compact models in just about every combo of, aluminum vs steel, railed vs not, safety vs decocker, etc. Not all of them are in production but most have been made. I liked the P-01, but I thought it would be really great of they made it in a steel frame, with a safety. They did. Got one on the way to CZ custom now. The omega models open up even more flexibility as you can swap b/t safety and decocker. I have shot the omega trigger in my P-07 and like it a good deal.

My dream carry gun is steel framed, railed, hammer fired, trit sights, cocked and locked, double-stacked 9mm, great SA trigger but also has the DA option for a second-strike. A wee bit of custom work and I'm there with the CZ.

UnseenUSPCompact

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    CZ is one of the most copied handgun designs for a reason. There are some great copies that work out there, but I stick with the CZ's themselves. They are awesome guns in all their model lineups. Their new striker fire P10 is even getting high praise. The only things they have had major issues with would be some very rare instances in .40 and some of the Polymer Rami's that are discontinued. Anything in 9mm and you are golden and anything metal framed you are golden and anything polymer that isn't micro sized you are golden.

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    I am looking for my next handgun in 9mm. I'd like to try a cz or a clone/ variant of cz. Looking at cz PCR, p01, cz75D. Some variants I am interested in are IWI baby eagle, Springfield p9/p9c, itm at84, Sphinx at2000. Anyone have any clones that are better than the original one? Any other manufacturers/ models? Itm and Sphinx are Swiss made and are supposed to be very high quality. Springfield was fitted by Les baer back then. Just wanted to see what other members have or any input regarding cz and their variants/ clones or if it's worth trying out cz platform compared to SIG, HK, 1911s, etc.

There is not a whole lot of price difference between a clone and the real thing. I have both, an EAA Witness Limited, CZ75 accu-shadow, and a P07. The witness is my most accurate 9mm and I've had that gun since 2006 and put over 75K rounds through it, still shoots sub 1" groups at 25 yds with right loads.

Dmvu

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Jan 27, 2016
    New Orleans, LA.
    Thanks everyone for your inputs. I do like the tanfoglio elites. But I want something compact with about 4 inch barrel. Which was why I was looking at cz PCR, p01, etc. Something I can still carry if so inclined. Do you carry your full size tanfoglio elite, cz sp01 Accu shadow etc? Or mainly for USPA weekend plinker?

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Dmvu

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Jan 27, 2016
    New Orleans, LA.
    Send me a PM when you want to swing by Gretna Gun....I have a CZ Custom Shadow Target 1 and my gunsmith has a SP01. We are always looking to convert some over to the dark side!

Also we have a cz75 compact with manual safety available in house right now if you want to stop by and fingerbang it.

If youre looking for a low bore axis/ metal framed platform CZ and the HK P7 series are both good places to look. I have both if you want to see a side by side in person. Hell you can even shoot them if youd like.
    I may have to take you up on that offer just to get a feel. I'm not too far from you, maybe 10 minute drive.

aceinyerface

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Baton Rouge
    I carry a full size Glock 17. a Tanfoglio Stock 1 weighs about as much as a 1911 and people carry that.

Carry is more about the right holster than the gun. I like Alien Gear, others like Crossbreed.

Last edited:

GIJeaux

Army Retired
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Leesville/Ft Polk, La.
    CZ-75 pattern is a great design. Here is my TA-90 Tanfoglio that I have had for about 25 years now (I do have smaller magazines). I have not found any CZ-75 parts that can't be used on it yet.

attachment.php

Al

West

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2014
    Baton Rouge, louisiana
    I carry my P-01 everyday. It is a lovely shooting gun. I am really close to getting a PCR I don't know why I just want one of every model/style they have. Like others have said you can't go wrong with the original. I love all my CZ's.

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    I have owned and still own many CZs and clones over the years. My favorite clone is/was the Armalite AR-24 made by Sarsilmaz, who still makes the clones for EAA if I'm correct. This AR24 is in my opinion better than the CZ75B it is based on. Have had EAA witnesses too and they are also quality firearms and you will not be disappointed with them either. For carry I have a RAMI 2075 which is a great feeling small pistol. Check them out if youre looking for a carry gun.

dangermoney

C'est Chaud Peur Lot
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Gonzales, LA
    I carry my P-01 everyday. It is a lovely shooting gun. I am really close to getting a PCR I don't know why I just want one of every model/style they have. Like others have said you can't go wrong with the original. I love all my CZ's.

I've had my P-01 since around 2003. Great gun. One of the few guns that I will never part with. I too am lusting for a PCR ... just because ... :D

Last edited:

Tx_oil

Tx_oil
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Youngsville
    My truck gun is a CZ 75B clone made by Canik and they call it an S-120. Boringly dependable and easy to shoot well. At some time I may have Cajun Gun Works do the competition tune-up and sights but you cannot go wrong with a CZ type platform.

RG43

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2016
    Covington, La
    I bought the Tangfolio Witness listed by a previous poster. I was looking to get a 9mm 1911, but for the price of the Witness I thought it would be worth a try. Glad I did, very sweet shooter and a bargain for the price. Now I'm rethinking if I'll even want a 1911 in 9, maybe just stick with my 45 in that model. Since the CZ is based on the Hi Power design, at least it's sorta still in the Browning family...lol.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I bought the Tangfolio Witness listed by a previous poster. I was looking to get a 9mm 1911, but for the price of the Witness I thought it would be worth a try. Glad I did, very sweet shooter and a bargain for the price. Now I'm rethinking if I'll even want a 1911 in 9, maybe just stick with my 45 in that model. Since the CZ is based on the Hi Power design, at least it's sorta still in the Browning family...lol.

I'm glad you bought that gun cause it was tempting me something awful

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Deb Mev
    Top Bottom