HELP!! Gunsmith won't return firearm!! Where do I go from here???

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Isn't this like the second or third time a person has come on here having issues of a similar type with Jake? I am not taking either side. I don't know if its communication or what but there has def. been something a miss lately.

bigjakewelch

Mill Spec
    Rating - 98%
    50   1   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Isn't this like the second or third time a person has come on here having issues of a similar type with Jake? I am not taking either side. I don't know if its communication or what but there has def. been something a miss lately.

You should go back and read the whole body of the thread. Then you'd understand what this about. The only lack in communication was during the preparation for a funeral of a family member, and me not adjusting my schedule to accommodate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    You should go back and read the whole body of the thread. Then you'd understand what this about. The only lack in communication was during the preparation for a funeral of a family member, and me not adjusting my schedule to accommodate.

I read the whole thread. That's what I am saying. You feel like you communicated well with him. He feels different. Somewhere there is a communication problem.

What I'm asking is wasn't there another thread similar to this and everyone gave a pass because of the flood?

Things happen and if people keep seeing this sort of similar thing happen over and over as far as getting work done or guns back it will start to hurt business.

In business, you can't make everyone happy but if it becomes a common trend then its not just the occasional unruly customer.

I really hope you get all the bugs worked out. You seem like a good guy.

bigjakewelch

Mill Spec
    Rating - 98%
    50   1   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Most of this has to do with schedules don't line up. The threads that have been posted have to do with things (this is the only firearm, the other thread were about parts, one of them I was going to do as a favor) that either needed to be shipped out of town or lining up a schedule with someone from out of town. One of them I admit was something that I dropped the ball on. This is not that way.

XEVU

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 14, 2007
    St Francisville LA
    All I can say is WoW. I can't believe I read the whole thread.

I'm not a feather plucker or a feather plucker's son but I'll pluck a feathered pheasant until the feather plucker comes.

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    All I can say is WoW. I can't believe I read the whole thread.

I'm not a feather plucker or a feather plucker's son but I'll pluck a feathered pheasant until the feather plucker comes.

Reminds of this joke:
    There once was a monastery that was very strict. Following a vow of silence, no one was allowed to speak at all. But there was one exception to this rule. Every ten years, the monks were permitted to speak just two words. After spending his first ten years at the monastery, one monk went to the head monk. "It has been ten years," said the head monk. "What are the two words you would like to speak?"

"Bed... hard..." said the monk.

"I see," replied the head monk.

Ten years later, the monk returned to the head monk's office. "It has been ten more years," said the head monk. "What are the two words you would like to speak?"

"Food... stinks..." said the monk.

"I see," replied the head monk.

Yet another ten years passed and the monk once again met with the head monk who asked, "What are your two words now, after these ten years?"

"I... quit!" said the monk.

"Well, I can see why," replied the head monk. "All you ever do is complain."

XEVU

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 14, 2007
    St Francisville LA
    I read a lot. Don't worry. Me love you long time. =)

991GT3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I have on multiple occasions spoke with you about picking this fire arm up. I have never once said that you couldn't come get your gun, or come pick it up. If you look on my website and by the things that I have told you numerous times I work by appointment only. This means that you call me we set up a time that is good for you ,and that I will be there, and you come and pick your gun up or drop your gun off. That is how it works. I have never once not communicated with you or your brother. What I have done on multiple occasions is tried to accommodate you and adjust my schedule to try and get this back to you. We set up a possible pick up this past weekend (which would have worked out) but those plans were interrupted by the death of a very close family member. I explained that to you over the phone when we were trying to set a time for pickup. After those didn't work out, I offered to send you your firearm back at my cost via FedEx. I felt as though it would be the right thing to do because I couldn't get up with you this past weekend. After reading your post this morning I remembered that this is completely against my policy. Policy states that if the owner of the firearm drops the firearm off at my location the owner of the firearm shall come and receive the firearm at my location. The owner of the firearm is seen as the person who dropped the firearm off. No one else can receive said firearm from my location other than the person who dropped the firearm off. If you get me a FFL holder in your area I will gladly send your firearms out. This firearm was dropped off July 23rd. After speaking with you in the beginning of September I told you that the tooling that I did my checkering with was lost in the flood and that I didn't plan on purchasing new tooling we set a date of September 17th for pickup. You never showed up nor did you call to cancel or advised. We spoke again in the middle of Oct and set a time and date for pickup on Oct 23rd after 1:00pm. Once again no show, but you did answer my call to tell me that it would be much later that afternoon before you could get out to me. This didn't work because I had other appointments that were scheduled. You went silent for months. Finally I hear from you about 3 weeks ago to come and pick up the firearm. You wanted me to let your sister come and pick up the firearm(I can't do that). I gave you several other possibilities as to a time for you to come and pick up the firearm. None of those worked out for you.

My schedule is somewhat flexible but I will not deviate from the policy I have in place, nor will I deviate from the regulations of the ATF. As I stated before I will gladly ship the firearm to a FFL with a valid Lic. (at my cost) Or you can come by and pick your firearm up in person, with a valid State issued ID, or another form of approved ID as per the ATF regulations. If you would like to discuss this like an adult then I would suggest that you call me at (225)244-1686. You made it sound like the death in the family was an excuse to keep from giving you the firearm back. I added a pick just for you.

Awesome.

You've just earned a customer.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Since I've stopped dealing with by appointment only gunsmiths/gunshops my problems have been solved. I will not wait for someone I'm spending money with to have time for me.

This is "NOT" aimed towards Jake just a general rule of mine.

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    Since I've stopped dealing with by appointment only gunsmiths/gunshops my problems have been solved. I will not wait for someone I'm spending money with to have time for me.

This is "NOT" aimed towards Jake just a general rule of mine.

No offense to any gunsmiths either, but I am the same way! If I am paying them with my hard earned money, they need to accomedate me and not me accomedate them! They want my bussiness and my money, they need to earn my trust and bussiness! Otherwise, I will deal elsewhere!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom